"Oh... No, I haven't talked to her yet," I say looking down.

"Why? She must be worried, she was the one calling earlier, right?" She asks but I can't get myself to actually answer it, I just nod my head. "Talk to her."

"I can't." I murmur. "It's better this way."

"Don't do that, I know you're hurt but you have to at least listen to what she has to say," Jen says with a sigh. "Do you remember you owe me a wish? For forgetting my existence at the homecoming dance?" She asks amusedly.

"Yeah, of course, you never actually got to say what you wanted."

"So, I wish you to talk to her," she says crossing her arms.

"Jen, I don't know..." I start but she cuts me off.

"Think about it," she says as a car stops in front of my driveway. "That's my dad."

"Are you sure you want to waste your wish on that?"

"Yeah," she says in a determined tone giving my shoulder a light squeeze. "I just want to see you happy."

"Thanks, Jen," I answer with a genuine smile. "I'll think about it."

"See you tomorrow," she says looking back at me with a smile as she walks to the car.

"See you."

I let out a loud groan as I lay back on my bed looking at my phone's screen, "Anna, I need to see you, please." was the last message she had sent me, I honestly don't know what to do, of course I want to see her but I know that I'll just give in and act like a fool as I always do and she'll keep playing with my feelings.

After much thinking I ended up answered with a simple, "come over." regretting it the moment I sent it.

The sun was already setting and the chilly February winds penetrated my sweater as I waited for her at my driveway, it didn't take long for her car to park in front of me, she hurriedly got out of the car and stood a few meters away from me, she is breathing heavily and fog is coming out of her mouth, she isn't wearing her coat and I bet she isn't feeling exactly comfortable wearing only a white button-up on such a cold night.

She didn't say anything at first but it didn't take long for her to close the distance between us hugging me tightly. "Anna, I'm so glad you're okay." I didn't know how to react so I just stood there with my head pressed against her chest, her heart was a beating mess. "Did he hurt you?" She whispers still holding me in her embrace, I could feel the vibration of her voice on the top of my head as she talked.

"No," I say simply.

"Can we talk?" She asks finally letting go of me but still standing excruciatingly close.

"Yeah," I say going inside the house sensing her following close behind, I'm mad but I'm not mad enough to leave her standing in the cold, after all, I still care deeply for her.

"Your dad..."

"He's not home yet," I answer before she could finish her sentence leading her up the stairs to my room closing the door as she went in, it's kinda messy but a normal kind of messy, not a disgusting one.

"I want to apologize."

"What for?" I ask coldly standing in front of her with my arms crossed, a sorry won't do, I need to hear everything she has to say, either good or bad.

She sighs looking elsewhere. "For saying we're nothing," she murmurs. "You know... No, I know that's not true," she says now in a much clearer tone. "I was scared, I still am. You have to understand that it's hard for me to just put everything I have accomplished at risk for these feelings."

"I never asked you for that," I say growing a little frustrated. "I'll wait a thousand years for you but I do expect you to show at least a little bit of empathy for my feelings, you can't just kiss me back one day and tell me to fuck off in the next, it hurts." She looks at me with her brows furrowed but I continue before she could answer. "If you don't want the kisses just tell me to stop and I will, if you want me away till the graduation day I'll not bother you until then but please make it clear because I can't stand this rollercoaster of emotions anymore... Just say it."

"I can't," she whispers walking up to me, before I could process what she had said her lips were pressed on mine as her hands held firmly each side of my face in a long peck, I couldn't help but let out a sigh, this was the first time she initiated a kiss.

She pulls away still holding my face in place as she looks me in the eyes and this time around I could read them clearly, she wanted me to read them, they said everything I needed to know.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)