Chapter 20

"No way I'll go trick or treating," I said rolling my eyes. "Soph we're 18, no one will give us candy, they'll make fun of us."

"I'll bring my dog, everyone likes pets in costumes," she said putting her P.E bag over her shoulder and walking to the door.

"That doesn't make it any better," I groaned.

"Then let's party," she grinned. "Saddie will host a costume party tomorrow."

Bitch, I know that's exactly what she wanted since the beginning.

"Costume party?" I groaned again.

"Would you rather go trick or treating then?"

...

It was Friday noon and I didn't have school today, apparently it's All Saints' Day and I basically spent it looking at the ceiling just thinking about what I would do to get Daniella to at least consider giving me a chance, I'm not smart like she is, I'm not rich and I don't have a lot of good mannerism, I'm just a teenager and she's a full-grown woman with her life all set and organized, she has a great car and she might be rude but you can see she is well mannered, for all I know she might have someone she already likes.

I know it's stupid of me to say I like her a lot because the truth is I don't even know her well, I'm hooked on her good looks and her sexy confidence and that's terrible but I can't help it, I want her.

I pushed these thoughts aside and decided it was time to dress up, Soph was coming to pick me up for that stupid Halloween party, I didn't really want to go but I had no choice with Soph and I kind of promised I would go just to shut her up, anything is better than going trick or treating.

It was a costume party but I have no intention of dressing myself up for it. I ended up picking a pair of ripped blue jeans and a black crop top hoodie. Black old skool vans? Who am I kidding I wear those all the time, no matter how many shoes I own. I looked in the mirror and you know what would go well? Fishnet tights and now I look edgy and a 'try too hard to be aesthetic', you know what? That's my costume if anyone asks. I just picked up my stuff and went to the living room to let dad know I would leave soon.

"Send me a message when you get there and when you leave as well also call if you want me to pick you up earlier or in case you don't want to sleep at Soph's," believe it or not I've heard this same words every time I go out.

"Yes, don't worry dad."

"Don't drink too much."

"I won't."

"Don't accept drinks from anyone."

"Aye aye."

"Don't walk around alone and stay with your friends, if someone tries to do something you use the spray," he said crossing his arms. " You have it with you right?"

"Yes dad I know and I have it with me," I said amused, he always did this and I'm not complaining, he cares and I don't blame him for worrying too much, he was a single dad and I was a single child, we only had each other.

"You may go now," he said opening his arms to give me a hug. "I love you my little challah bread."

"I love you, big nose."

After finally getting dad to let me go I met Soph inside her beat-up car.

"Now this is a car for the occasion," I mocked as I went in.

"Oh shut up," she said rolling her eyes amusedly.

She wore a white tight dress that went to just above her knees and contrasted with her brown skin, in her head white bunny ears and of course high heels, she never failed to impress and so when we came into the front door all eyes were on her, she was beautiful, a beautiful dork.