Chapter 11 The Absense

Normal POV (Espio)

River Village

Espio ran down the dirt road towards the destination he was told.

The purple ninja had stayed behind in Chun nan to make sure the Fallen didn't try anything dangerous to nearby villages in the chaos from the destroyed factory.

Once he was done, Aura promised him a meeting with his sensei to see if maybe he could offer some experience.

Espio also felt curious about recruiting Aura to help the Chaotix, as well as the various heroes who fight Dr. Robotnik often.

Aura's strength, discipline and foresight had made great work of the enemy, and talent like his could help the team protect freedom well.

The train of thought was interrupted, however, by the sight of two of the three villages destroyed upon Espio's arrival outside the valley.

Now the ninja was rushing to help aid the people with their current dilemma.

The Mountain Village had already calmed down the destruction of their village, so Espio turned his sights to the River Village.

Upon arrival, he was met with a shocking sight and a feeling of dread of what happened there.

It was more damaged than the Mountain Village, with structures almost completely lacking from the place.

What really made him feel worried for what came next was encountering Blaze and the state she was in.

Blaze was on her knees, tears flowing down as she looked at what remained of a fallen building.

He went over to her. "Blaze, what happened?"

She couldn't answer, as if she was in deep thought.

Espio checks the ruins of the building, moving over rocks and wood to search for any survivors.

What he found stunned him with worry.

A piece of Aura's robes was found torn off from what might be left of it.

Espio jumps down to the river to see if he could find Aura, but he couldn't find him anywhere when ten minutes had past.

He climbed back up and looks at the torn piece of green clothing with remorse.

Aura was dead, and there was nothing anyone could do to save him or bring him back.

—————————————————————————

Normal POV

Eggmanland

A certain scientist with a large mustache sat at his main console, pondering what his next plan would be.

He remembered his last failure back a few months ago.

He had controlled a group of powerful beings with a powerful conch shell, but thanks to his pesky nemesis, he can't use it anymore, as well as a special machine he used.

Now he had to come up with a new plan from scratch to deal with his plans of global domination.

Before he could continue searching the depths of his mind for a new plan, an Egg Pawn arrived with a small pad.

It asked him. "Sir, our scans have picked up something...different from anything they are used to searching for."

The doctor immediately sat up straight in surprise at the news of a sudden update.