Chapter 4 The Fallen

Normal POV (Several Years Later)

Mountain Village

Most of the valley seems calm at first glance.

The river flows and gentle breezes would trick anyone into thinking this was a normal day.

But that silence was interrupted swiftly with the sounds of gun shots firing.

People in the Mountain Village panicked as armed men and women came and fired warning shots in the air to get their attention.

The leader of the bandits shouts. "Everyone on your knees! Or else we'll blow your brains out!"

The people mostly complied while the rest ran away from the village to take shelter.

Even the miners were held captive when they were on their break from work.

The bandits start to loot the village, trashing the area and sometimes push the villagers to the ground on their faces.

One of the bandits speaks up. "Um...sir, what if those guys on the mountain send someone to stop us?"

The leader smirked. "What? Those old monks? One bullet each should end them. There's no way some Kung Fu freaks can beat guns!"

Another bandits laughed. "This is easy pickings for us! We can rob the other two villages while we're at it!"

Then another bandit comes to them. "Um boss, have you seen Mike? I can't find him anywhere."

The leader shrugged. "Probably off trying to check out the mine."

A female bandit came in. "I lost Tina! She was just behind me a second ago!"

The leader crossed his arms. "She probably found something and went to look."

Another male bandit runs to them. "Guys! I had three of our bandits with us, and they were all knocked out!"

The leader sweats. "Maybe they were all just tired. It took a while to get here."

The female bandit replied. "Admit it! It was a bad idea to come here in the first place. Now those monks are onto us."

The leader glared. "I am not going to give up the opportunity of a lifetime because of some old people with sticks!"

A young voice spoke up. "So we're elderly people with walking sticks? Even an old man can beat you guys!"

They turned in the direction of the voice, only for one of them to be met with a foot to the face.

The person was a young man with black hair that was tied up in the back and had some yellow streaks in it.

His martial arts outfit was white and had a black belt on it, the mark of the master.

The female bandit was taken out by a shuriken thrown from behind a house.

The young man puts his arms behind his head. "Nice shot Tanya."

Jumping in was a young woman wearing a black martial arts outfit, but still wearing a black belt like the other person.

Now identified as Tanya, she spoke. "Suzuki, you are not supposed to give away my position."

Suzuki shrugged. "A thank you would've been nice."

The team of bandits went to shoot them, but couldn't fire their weapons.

They saw something cut their weapons in half!

But Suzuki and Tanya were still a few feet away, so it was impossible for them to do it.