chapter fifteen

Zcyhie Elizabeth's POV

I averted my gaze towards the surroundings. It resembled like a sunken periscope, the 495-square-meter bar was fronted by a huge panoramic window that gives visitors a view of marine life. The walls were slightly curved and half-a-meter thick, providing optimal resistance against the forces of waves and water pressure.

I glanced towards the colored green L.E.D light as it flashed the name, 'Killer Hell Domain', still located in Stygian Realm.

The oak continued inside the building, where the interior finishes were intended to contrast with the exterior, creating a warm atmosphere that prevented the feeling of claustrophobic.

I glanced towards the crowd. Mostly, Clement invited his band mates, friends and all of our classmates. Some attended while some declined. Loud music muffled in our ears.

I presses my lips together as my eyelids felt a bit heavy. I yawned before I drifted off to sleep.

The moment that I have closed my eyes, fragments of memories went flashing through.

I woke up as an old smell, like dust and mold, but with something underneath--something rotting somewhere dark and damp, filled my lungs. It tainted the air in the kitchen, suddenly it became stronger, fouler, and cold that I nearly gagged.

"Mommy!" I shouted. Think Zychie!

I'm still confused and scared, but I held my chin up. I grabbed my cereals in the cabinet and made a path. I removed my left slipper from the doorway and left it.

I walked towards the cellar. I took a potholder off the wall hook and held it over my nose and mouth and unlatched the cellar door. I opened it cautiously and switched on the light switch at the top of the wooden stairs. The smell was gone. I grasped at the box of cereal and left my right slipper.

I blinked, grabbed the potholder away from my face and took a cautious breath. There's nothing but the faint smell of wood and a little mustiness. I slowly went down the stairs, looking carefully around. My lips quivered in fear when the box of cereal was now empty. I removed my locket and placed them at the floor.

Dad, please find me!

Cardboard boxes, shelves of very old preserves, cobwebs, stacks of old newspapers were there, scattered at the corners. I glanced down at the cellar floor for rat droppings and was relieved to see the bare concrete. I took a relieved breath and shook my head. Just a cellar.

Mommy and Daddy would be mad at me.

Then the door at the top of the stairs slammed shut. The light went out. The smell was rising up all around me, I almost choked. I whirled around, grasping in the darkness, trying to reach the stair railing.

"Look who's here!" a voice shouted. I sticky, damped hand took hold of me from behind, wrapping itself around me, overpowering and enveloping me in putrescence.