This might be the perfect time to let her know that I couldn't give her what she wanted from me . I've seen the look of hope from the others , I've seen it on her face too .

I didn't want her to get her hopes up only to be disappointed in me when she finally learnt the truth .

"Angel , can't we just have fun , no feelings involved?I say this because I can't give you what you want and I don't want to fill your head with ideas , dreams and fantasies, I hope you can understand. "

She sat up from her position , this time it was her that was dodging my eyes , you could tell she was trying so hard to keep a poker face on but was failing terribly even her voice was failing her .

"Unfortunately we both want completely different things , I'm not about that life . I want stability, security, intimacy, love , commitment not fun . I'm sorry but I think it's best we stop seeing each other outside work ever again . It's a waste of time on both sides . I'm sorry Mr Thompson , but I'd like to go home now . Thank you for the wonderful evening."

Mr Thompson , I guess we were back to formalities again . All the things she listed were impossible with me . She was not for me then but I couldn't bare the thought of her being with another man , a man that wasn't me . It's selfish that I wanted to keep her for myself knowing very well that I wouldn't be able to keep her happy .

" What happened to , Adonis ?" I argued but she stood her ground , her voice trained in monotone.

" No , you're Spencer Thompson , the man who is a sponsor for my project , now please take me home. "

She said sounding more serious . What did I do wrong ? She couldn't possibly angry at me for being honest , could she ?

"NOW!" She shouted standing up when I made no action to move , I nodded standing up .

I took the car keys since Richard was off duty , she sat on the backseat , I sighed closing the door behind her and walking over to the driver's side .

The drive was silent , she looked outside the window the whole drive , she looked like her eyes wanted to 'leak ' because she constantly swallowed a lump in her throat . She didn't even wait for me to parked properly before she quickly exited without saying a word or looking back .

Hitting the steering wheel before composing myself , I sped off her drive away.

Damn it .

________________________________________________

Harley

His words echoed in my mind, I didn't want to have fun . I wanted more , to think I was stupid enough to think there might be a chance for us to be together but not I was living in a fantasy world . Although it did hurt me to call him by his last name , I have to be strong for the next time we see each other.

Two days without seeing him felt like forever . A knock sounded on the door . I opened the door to a not nice Anne but once she saw the look on my face , her face changed to a concerned one .

" Suup with you?" She asked . I opened my arms and walked to her .

" He said he just wants to have fun , no feelings involved ." tears threatened to spill and my voice cracking . She broke the hug , inspecting me.

" He did what? You're telling me that he took your virginity and said that?" Anne's face changing into a scowl.

" We didn't do it , but Anne I thought we had something going on , the dates , pictures . I am such a fool to be in love with someone who just wants sex ." I sobbed in my hands and Anne pulled me into another hug , stroking my hair .