Chapter XVIII

I ended up falling asleep on Andrew's shoulder last night and he carried me back inside and laid me on my bed like he usually does. The next morning I woke up with a bit of a headache and saw the usual cup of water and Advil on my bedside table and it made my heart flutter. The little things that Andrew does are always my favourite. I took the pills and swallowed them back and caught sight of the note left with them.

'Happy birthday beautiful! -Bear,' it read, with a love heart at the end and my heart melted. I decided to keep this one, and placed it in the drawer of my nightstand. With my blanket wrapped around me, I walked back out to my kitchen to make myself a cup of tea.

"Oh, guys! You don't have to clean up," I say as I see Garrett, Andrew and Zoe cleaning up the mess.

"Don't be silly! I forced you to have the party so I'll clean up," Zoe says, looking over to me. "Anyway happy birthday! Can't believe you're twenty-six now," she comes over and gives me a hug, shortly followed by Garrett and Andrew. Andrew places a kiss on the top of my head as we pull away and I blush. After placing my blanket on the couch I help the others tidy up the apartment and once we're done we all flop onto the couch.

"I'm gonna order us some food," Garrett says, pulling out his phone.

"Yes pleaaase," I moan. "Literally all I want is a hashbrown right now,"

"Same," Zoe agrees.

"Hashbrowns it is then," Garrett giggles. He orders the food and then puts on some YouTube videos and we all settle back to watch. As the videos were playing I couldn't help but think how incredible this birthday is. I feel incredibly lucky that I get to spend it doing nothing with these guys. I definitely wouldn't have it any other way. The four of us spent the day together, and Zoe and Garrett handed me a few presents. Andrew nudged me and said he'd give me the present from him later. I thanked them both and at 7 pm the two of them made their way home, leaving just Andrew and I.

"I'll be right back," he smiles before walking out of the apartment. I opened up my phone and went to Instagram. Post had tagged me in a post and I looked through the photos he posted. One was from last night and the other was from one of his concerts he had me backstage for. His photographer snapped a photo of me giving him a pep talk before he went out on stage. I had his face in my hands and was telling him that he was gonna do great. The caption read

'Happy birthday to this cool chick. You're family to me and I don't know where I'd be without you,' The message was finished with a heart. I left a comment on the photo and posted it just as Andrew walked back through the door, with a gift bag in hand. He sat back down beside me and gave me the bag.

"Oh my gosh Andrew!" I say as I pull out the Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch, along with a pile of games. "No way,"

"You said you wanted one," he laughed.

"How did you even get this one? They sold out super early!" I say, pulling him into a hug.

"I remembered you said you wanted it so got one when it came out," he replies with a smile.

"You've planned this for that long? Oh my god could you get any more perfect?" I say and he blushes. I plant a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you Bear, this is the best,"

"There's one more thing," he says, and he pulls out a teddy bear from behind him. It was a blonde bear, basically identical to my hair colour and it was wearing a dress similar to the one I wore at Disney World. "I thought Andrew Bear could use with a little company,"

"Oh this is so cute thank you Andrew!" I say. "You've made this birthday the best one yet. You're so sweet,"

"It's nothing," he stammers, pink covering his cheeks.

"Well it means a lot to me," I smile and I lay a hand on his forearm. "I appreciate you,"

The two of us then set up my Switch and he insists on sitting back and watching me play Animal Crossing. We sit close to each other and he watches me play and start up my island, smiling at the sight of me acting like a little kid. A few hours later I was yawning my head off and could barely keep my eyes open.

"You're gonna fall asleep if you're not careful," Andrew laughs and I sigh.

"You're probably right," I reply. "I have work tomorrow, I should go to bed. But I don't wanna,"

"Animal crossing will be there tomorrow," he chuckles and I stretch.

"I know, I'm just having too much fun," I laugh as I rub my eyes. The two of us stand up and walk towards the door.

"Thank you for making this birthday incredible Bear," I smile, leaning against the door frame.

"Thank you for being incredible," he replies and I giggle and blush, looking down at my feet. Andrew gently lifts my chin up with his index and middle finger before planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight Abby, sleep well," he gently says.

"Goodnight Bear. You too," I reply and he smiles before he turns around heads down the stairs to his apartment. Oh, Andrew, you make my heart melt.

The next morning I woke up and went to work as usual. Everything that happened over the weekend still made me smile and I spent the day productive and happy, with a warm feeling in my chest. I'd just gotten home and I placed my bag to the side and then walked into the kitchen, grabbing something quick to eat. As I was sitting at the counter on my phone, there was a knock at my door. I get up from the stool and walk over and open the door up to a smiling Andrew,

"Hey Bear," I say, my heart skipping a beat at the sight of his face.

"Hey Abby," he replies, bringing me into a hug, kissing my forehead as we pull away.

"Come on in!" I smile and he walks in and takes a seat on the couch, and I sit beside him.

"How was your day?" he asks as I place my feet on the ottoman.

"Mine was good thank you! How was yours?"

"Boring" he laughs. "Hey can I ask you something?" My heart rate spikes. That question always gives me a panic attack.

"Of course you can," I smile, turning to face him.

"Would you uh- maybe wanna go on a date with me sometime?" He stammers and my heart flutters. This is too cute.

"I would love to," I reply and he lets out a sigh of relief and nods his head.

"Cool," he smiles and I giggle.

"Did you think I was gonna say no?" I ask and he looks over at me.

"That was a possible outcome in my mind," he replies and I smile.

"Awh! Of course, I was gonna say yes silly. I think it's pretty obvious I like you. I don't give kisses out to just anyone and I think you know that" I lean into him and place a kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah I know," he blushes and looks over at me with glossy eyes.

"A date sounds lovely," I reassure before pulling him into a cuddle, his head laying on my chest. The two of us get comfortable and I put on the next episode of the show we've started watching together. A couple of hours later a light snore starts to emanate from him and I smile. I pull out my phone and snap a photo before sending it to Zoe.

'Guess who asked me out on a date!' I typed before hitting the send button. I'm assuming that I won't be able to move for quite some time so I place my phone to the side and settle back further into the couch. Andrew had a tight grip on me and it filled me with a sense of safety and security. Trying my best not to wake Andrew, I slipped my glasses off and placed them by my phone before shutting my eyes, quickly falling asleep.