Chapter VI

After remaking the bed and making my hair look a bit more presentable I head out of the room

"Morning!" Ryland smiles from the kitchen.

"Good morning," I yawn, walking towards him. On my way, I passed a sleeping Andrew, huddled in the same blanket I could've sworn I fell asleep in.

"Coffee?" Ryland asks.

"Yes please," I reply. He makes a cup and passes it over to me as I sit down at the counter.

"I see Andrew lost the who gets the guest room fight last night" Ryland laughs.

"See that's funny because I could've sworn I fell asleep on the couch last night," I say, a puzzled look on my face as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Maybe he woke you up and told you to go to the guest room and you were still asleep so went along with it," Ryland suggests.

"I guess so"

"What are you up to today?" he asks me.

"Well," I say. "You've inspired me to give my office a makeover so probably head back home, get some inspiration, do some planning and shopping I guess"

"Are you gonna film it?"

"I feel like it would be a cool idea, seeing as that's where I film most of my videos anyway" I reply. All of a sudden Andrew plonks himself in the seat next to me.

"Sleep well?" he teases, causing Ryland to laugh.

"I swear I fell asleep on the couch!" I defend myself and Andrew just laughs in return. Shane comes into the Kitchen, giving Ryland a good morning kiss. The sight of them makes me smile.

I stay at the house for a couple more hours before heading home. Shane insists that I take a whole load of his makeup from his collab with Jeffree Star home with me as well as a couple more items of his merch. I give the three of them a hug before I leave. I jump into my Jeep and start the journey home.

As soon as I get home, I start planning my office makeover, shopping and ordering furniture, filming along the way.

It was now Tuesday night and as I got home from work, I saw the pile of boxes addressed to me at the bottom of my apartment steps. It was all the furniture I bought for my office. After putting my bag from the day inside, I come back outside and try lifting one of the boxes with no luck. I didn't want to drag it up the steps either, so I decided to call Garrett.

"Hey!" he says.

"Hey Gare, are you able to come over and give me a hand taking some stuff up the stairs and into my apartment?" I ask.

"I can't, I'm sorry! I'm out and won't be back until late" he replies. "Andrew's probably about though, try calling him"

"Okay will do! Thanks anyways Gare, have a great night!"

"You too, bye!" As Garrett hangs up, I call Andrew.

"Hey Abby,"

"Hey Andrew," I smile at the sound of his voice. "I was just wondering if you're about and if you could give me a hand taking some stuff into my apartment?"

"Yeah that's no problem," he replies. "I'm actually on a walk around the area so I'll be at yours in a few minutes?"

"Awesome! Thank you so much,"

"It's - it's no problem, I'll see you soon" he stammers.

"Yeah, see you soon!" I hang up and grab my camera. This could be some fun footage to film. As I head back down the stairs fiddling with my camera settings, I catch him smiling at me, hands in the pockets of his black sweatpants.

"Oh hey!" I smile at him.

"What have you been buying?" he laughs, gazing over to the pile.

"It's all the furniture for my office makeover," I giggle. "You don't mind being on camera?"

"No that's fine," he replies, to which I nod and set the camera up, recording down the stairs.

"Thank you for giving me a hand," I say as I walk back down the stairs to join him.

"That's okay," he smiles, as we bend down to pick up the biggest box, which I assume is my desk. We manage to make it up the stairs, laughing the whole way up at my awkward attempt to walk backwards.

"Oh my god I really don't wanna drop this," I breathe as I walk backwards throughout my apartment. We make it to the study and gently place the box on the floor. The two of us spend the next twenty minutes carrying the rest of the boxes up, cracking jokes and enjoying each other's company. I felt a wave of sadness hit me as we took the last group of boxes up to the apartment. I think he felt it too.

"Are you going to start putting stuff together tonight?" Andrew asks.

"Uh, yeah probably" I reply, hands resting on my hips and looking at the boxes occupying my empty office.

"Do you want a hand?" I perk up a little.

"If you're offering I won't say no," I smile, to which he replies with one of his own, nodding his head. I set up the camera and start recording for a timelapse.

"Cool, well we may as well start with the lights," I say, as I unravel the LED strip lights. Andrew helps me line the top of the walls with them, standing on a couple of chairs from the kitchen. The two of us then set up the desk, trying to get it correct based off of the minimal instructions given. After many cries of frustration and lots of laughter, we finally finished the desk, had it correct and in the exact place I wanted it. I stopped the recording camera for the night.

"I should probably get going," Andrew says, standing up and stretching.

"Yeah," I reply. "Do you want a ride home?"

"No that's okay, thank you though" he smiles.

"Well thank you for your help," I say as we head towards the door. "I really enjoy hanging out with you," A blush appeared on both our faces.

"I - I do too," he replies with a gentle smile as I open the door. We give each other a hug, say our goodbyes and he turns around and heads down the stairs once more. I watch him jog down them, taking out his phone and putting his headphones in. I close the door, a warm feeling in my chest. Oh Jesus... don't tell me I like him!