Chapter VIII

The trip to Florida was a month away, but my gosh did that month fly by. It felt like only yesterday the three of us were sitting on the couch booking the plane tickets but here I am, in my apartment packing up a suitcase. Although he wasn't coming, Ryland offered to drive us to the airport so the three of us decided it was best if we stayed the night there. I'd told both Zoe and Post about how I felt about Andrew by this point and the two of them were encouraging me to shoot my shot on this trip. However, I didn't feel like it's the right time.

I'd finished packing, locked up my apartment for the next two weeks and threw my bags in the boot of my Jeep. Ryland offered me to leave my car at theirs, so I was picking up Andrew and Garrett on my way over. First stop; Andrew's. I pulled up to his just as he was locking his door.

"Hey Bear," I smiled as I got out to open the boot. I'd gotten pretty used to calling him that and it made him blush every time.

"Hey Abby," he says as he envelops me in a hug. He puts his bag next to mine.

"Excited?" he asks me as he climbs into the front seat.

"Of course," I reply. "I get to go on a trip with three of my favourite people, how could I not be?"

"I'm - one of your favourite people?" he stammers. I didn't need to look at him to know there was a blush covering his cheeks.

"Damn right you are Bear," I grin, ruffling his hair and starting the engine. We pick up Garrett and then head to Shane and Ryland's. Shane opens the door for us and we all dump our stuff into the guest room. I come back out to see the two of them in the kitchen.

"Thank you guys for letting me leave my car here, and taking us to the airport," I say as I sit down at the counter.

"It's no problem," Ryland smiles.

"I know it's not much, but I baked you guys cookies as a thank you," I smile, holding out a container full of them. Shane gasps, grabbing the box from my hands and taking a bite out of one, Ryland soon following.

"Holy shit Abby these are so good!" Shane says. "Garrett! Andre! Come and grab a cookie!" I laugh as Ryland makes a satisfied noise.

"We gotta keep this one around Garrett," Shane says as Garrett and Andrew join the three of us in the kitchen, grabbing a cookie each.

"Cookies are a hit, I'll keep that in mind" I grin.

The rest of the night for me is spent chatting to Ryland in the kitchen, but eventually, he and Shane head to bed, leaving Garrett, Andrew and I chilling and talking away in the lounge. After an hour or two I yawn and stretch.

"Right boys, I'm gonna head to bed," I say, standing up from the couch. "I don't mind sharing the guest room bed with either of you too so, fight over that I guess" I walk out of the room before the boys respond, get changed into a black singlet and white pyjama shorts and climb under the sheets, taking off my glasses and closing my eyes. About half an hour later, movement in the room reawakens me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," Andrew says quietly.

"That's alright," I say huskily. "Did Garrett win or lose? I'm not sure" I smirk.

"He insisted on taking the couch, there wasn't much of a fight" he lightly laughs as he slides into the other side of the bed. Out of the darkness, I could see that he was wearing a plain grey short sleeve and black shorts. It was quite flattering on him really and I couldn't help myself staring. Once I realised I was, my eyes snapped back up to his face and heat was quickly rising to my cheeks. He didn't notice thankfully and was sitting against the headboard on his phone, headphones in.