" Ah! I am getting married Sophy " her words made me to get out of trance and I widened my eyes.

" Lisa don't be silly " I turned my head when I heard the opening of door. Her mother entered in by holding a tray in her hands.

" she is not joking Sophy " Maria aunty replied by placing the cookies tray on the bed.

" Can you guess who is the bridegroom! " she asked as I am confused that she asked me a question? or she thinks that I know the groom?.

Lisa gazed at me and understood that I am confused.

" okay don't be confused... I will reveal the answer " finally I understood that she asked me a question.

" His name is Kevin Johnson, son of Richard Johnson who is the younger brother of William Johnson... Simply younger brother of Mr. Steve Johnson."

Kevin Johnson, Richard Johnson, William Johnson and Steve Johnson.... Johnson Johnson Johnson, what's this chain! So irritating.

Also Lisa is one year older than me. Now she is 20. Okay, she can marry.
" Congrats Lisa" what else can I say when my one and only friend is going to leave me to my dad who is not showing much interest to his one and only daughter.

" Lisa and Sophy both of you complete this" she then walked out of the room.

" Lisa, I need some rest" my eyes were shutting. Lisa shifted aside on her bed and I took my part to sleep. Lisa did her work quietly and I fallen asleep early.

_______next_morning....

It's ridiculous that I saw Steve Johnson in front of me when I woken up in the morning.

I cleared my eyes again and this time he isn't there in front me. Why is he appearing every single time I open my eyes.

Lisa handed me morning coffee. Sooner I got down the stairs where my dad and mom already there with Lisa's mother.

He is looking pale. My heart is hurting too see him like this.

" Good morning Sophy" they bid me.

" Good morning". I took my seat beside of my dad and I hugged him tightly .

" Hmm...now I am feeling better Sophy but I don't know how long I will stay" his words chopped my heart alive.

My mom started crying in herself.
" I need a promise from you" but I didn't expected this from him.
" Will you? " about what I need to promise him.

" I will promise you anything I can, dad. "

He thought a while and rubbed my hand.

" Sophia, I respected every thing you liked and wished. Also I gave you the best in what you wished. Am I right" of course he is right. He always gave me the best.

" Always" I nodded my head.

" And once again... I am giving the best of your life. " I can't understand what he is saying.

He took out his phone and showed me Mr. Steve photo. Again, why is he everywhere I am looking!

" He is Steve, my friend's one and only son... I promised him Sophy. " No dad please. " Will you marry him! " he gazed at me as I took off my hands from him.

" Lisa also agreed to marry Kevin because to stay along with you. " Maria auntie completed her sentence. I gazed at Lisa.

" In fact, I am marrying because of you Sophy. " I am lucky to have a friend like Lisa but I am not ready to marry him.

But...

But I can't say no.

If I say no, Lisa may loss her bright future with Kevin and it may lead to another stroke for my dad.

" Sophia, Do you agree for this? " my dad asked me. I gazed at his photo.

" Aunt Helen will take care of you like your mother as she also wishing to make you her daughter in law... and Steve is a nice guy. Perfect match for you. Hardworking, handsome and descent. What else you want in your husband..! Also William is my best friend and if you didn't agree with this... his last wish may burn into ashes. "

I am still thinking what to say!

" Also Lisa will be there with you lifelong. Nobody can separate you... what do you say?"

What I can say. Lisa is my best friend, I can't spoil her life. She lost her father at the age of 4 years and from there onwards she was with me all the time in order to forget her father's death. And her mother always treated me as her own child. We both were together in every situation. I have no choice except to accept.

" I will marry him dad" I said by getting off from my seat.

Everything is planned. I know that they will get what they want if i even say no.

" Sophy, it means a lot for me. "

He informed Helen auntie about this. I walked out of the house.

Kevin...

Kevin is also a business man who works under Steve and I know much about him as Lisa told me.

Kevin parents died in a car accident along with William Johnson.
He is a smart guy, helps his family more importantly his brother. No girlfriends, no drawbacks.

Lisa...

Lisa always wanted a husband like him but I didn't wanted Steve as my husband.

Thinking about that....

He is handsome but characterless.

I just want to live my life happily not expecting any thing from anyone.

But it's going to be like I am not going to choose my choices.

___________

Looking like Sophy is
going to have a
heart break!?

|edited|