|1|

Lyssa's POV
'5:06 am' reads the bright red letters on my alarm clock.

I sigh looking away from it when I hear footsteps moving in the direction of my bedroom.

'3, 2 , 1' I whisper to myself when suddenly the door is slammed open and my idiot older brother jumps on me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE" he shouts right into my ear.

I chuckle at his stupidity, shoving the loud giant off of me and onto the floor.

"Be quiet Sorin, you'll wake up the whole pack house" I whisper to him as he shoots up off the floor with a sheepish look before smiling.

"Ok Lee, but let's go, come on!" I hit the oversized child when he shouts again and drags me down the hall and down the stairs to the door.

I sigh once again knowing that no matter what he'd continue to be loud. I prayed to the Moon Goddess that no one woke up from his antics.

Once we make it outside and start walking into the woods to our place, he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"My baby sis is turning 18 today!" He once again screams into my ear.

I lightly shove the loud oversized child, much too tired to be annoyed with him. He shoots me a look full of worry when I yawn.

"Couldn't sleep again?" I sigh at his change of volume and at the concern laced in his voice.

"Nah, buts it's fine. I'm ok." I smile trying to reassure him, not wanting him to worry about me. He just nods and starts smiling again.
• • • •
I groan when Sorin starts dragging me back to the pack house.

"Do we have to go back?" Sorin laughs.
"Yes Lee, or mom would kill me" I hum in response.
"And that's an issue how?" and of course being Sorin, he dramatically gasps.

But before he can say anything, my mom is hugging me. I smile, returning the hug from the beaming woman.

She pulls away with a smile taking over her face, "Happy birthday honey", she says tucking a strand of my dark red hair behind my ear.

I smile back at her, "thanks momma".

She smiles, grabbing my hand and drags me inside and straight to the dining room where, no doubt, my favorite food and father are waiting.

"I made your favorite," told ya, "we better hurry though before your father eats it". I laugh knowing that he very well would.

When we walk in my father looks at us like a deer in headlights and snatched his hand away from i what I assume is my plate.

"Those pancakes are for your daughter Apollo" she scolds her smiling mate.

"I know dear, that's exactly why I wasn't going to eat them" he lies and runs over to me away from my moms pointed look.

"My baby girl is all grown up" he say picking me up and hugging me.
I laugh at his antics and return the just as tight.