39¥

xxxix. Talk To Me

Jas'mariee

I walked up to my locker with a solemn look on my face. I could tell by the stares that I was getting that everyone thought that I was the whore who cheated on a guy that choose me to settle down with. The crew wasn't in front of the lockers like they usually were because I had gotten to school late, since I woke up really late I just told Aye and Hazel to go without me. Thankfully, Savannah was late too and offered me a ride.

"Are you okay? We could skip if you want?" She asked, giving me a sympathetic look.

I gave her a small smile.
"I'll be okay. I can't hide from it. Is Kyrie still angry?"

"Not angry per se...more like..confused and disappointed.."

Ouch..
"I knew I should've just told him."

"Why didn't you?"

"I don't know, I was scared..I'd never see Kyrie so insecure..I..I didn't want to hurt him anymore than I already had over spring break."

She nodded.
"I understand. Your heart was in the right place but your actions could've been a bit better."

"Do you think he'll come around?"

"He loves you Jas. Even if it's kiddy high school love, he'll come around eventually, just give him space for right now."

I nodded, grabbing my books and closing my locker.
"Your right. Thanks Sav."

She hugged me as we smiled.
"No problem sweetie."

Kyrie

I was staring blankly at my English notebook as I waited for class to start. I'd actually been early today to try to avoid seeing Jas. It was odd though, she was usually early to English but the bell was going to ring any second and she was still not here. Did she even come to school? A voice broke my thoughts as I looked up to see Kayla.
"Hey babe. I heard your single."

I chuckled and scoffed.
"You heard wrong."

"So you and Jas are still together? After all the drama y'all have had? At this point you should've stayed with me..I thought I was toxic-"

"Yo, your not even in this class. World history is across the building."

"I can't say hi to a friend."

"We're not friends Kayla."

"We're not? I thought we were, that's the only reason I told Jas about the little scheme being played on y'all. It's kinda funny because it might've worked."

I furrowed my eyebrows.
"What-?"

Before I could continue, the late bell rang and Kayla stood up.
"That's my cue."

"Wait-"

"My class is across the building remember? Gotta make it."

As she left, Jas'mariee walked in quickly trying to avoid being seen. There was a seat next to me but she chose the one further back. I rolled my eyes and looked forward but I couldn't stop repeating what had happened the weekend before. It had been on my mind 24/7. I love Jas and I trust her but she lied to me once, it's no telling what else she lied about. The one time I tried to tie myself down, and it showed me why I didn't do relationships. It was tough and it could be full of drama, but I thought Jas was worth it..I mean she still is but we're not in a good place right now.
Class went by quickly and soon enough the bell rang, I grabbed my bag and walked out, but not before Jas walked up next to me.
"Can you please talk to me?"