vii

vii. Low Blow
Jas'mariee

"So what's your plan for when Mr. Irving comes over?" Ayesha asked, as we all sat in my room after school.

"Yeah, you have to have a strategy or you'll get awkward and nothing will happen."

I sighed, throwing my stress ball in the air.
"What do I even do? I've never had to fake feelings before."

"Start slow. You don't want him to think of anything suspicious. Laugh and joke with him, he's going to be an asshole at times but try to get a little closer to him." Hazel advised.

I nodded, still not clear on what I should do, but I noticed Hazel tapping on her phone.
"Who are you texting so much?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah I want to know too." Ayesha questioned.

Hazel smiled, finally looking up at us.
"Draymond."

Me and Ayesha smirked.
"Oo."

Hazel chuckled.
"Stop. We're just going out to eat later and we both can't decide what we want."

"That's just like me and Steph." Ayesha sighed.

I pouted.
That's what me and Klay used to argue about too, yet he'd always take me to the restaurant I wanted to go too.

"You good Jas?" Ayesha questioned.

I snapped out of my trance and nodded.
"Yeah. I'm good."

"Oo! What about a double date!" Ayesha smiled to Hazel.

"We're not dating." Hazel sighed.

"It's just you and Draymond, two friends, going out to eat with me and Steph, a couple."

"Okay..okay I guess that would work."

Ayesha smiled widely.
"Yay! We have to get ready!" She said pulling Hazel up.

They both turned to me before leaving.
"Good luck girl."

I sighed as I walked them both out.

"Have fun with Mr. Irving!" Hazel smirked.

"Not to much fun though." Ayesha said, raising her eyebrows.

I chuckled and leaned against the door.
"No promises babe."

Kyrie

I sighed, as coach blew his shrill whistle once more.

"Alright boys! Let's get back out here. Team A and Team B!" He yelled.

We were doing a scrimmage to prepare for our first game of the season which was in two weeks. We had been split into two teams mainly, Team A which consisted of me, LeBron, Harrison, and Draymond. Then Team B, which had Curry, Kevin, Tristan, and Klay. We had got into our respective positions on the court, and I stood as Klay guarded me, waiting for Draymond inbound the ball to me.
"You ready?" LeBron asked.