a year later - s.t

"You can't keep avoiding me," he said as I continue to walk towards the sidewalk.

"I don't want to see you again, or hear you, or feel you. Just get out of my life, and leave me alone," I replied as I take a deep breath and walk a little faster.

It's almost midnight, and I just took a quick walk on the park, and now I'm heading back to my apartment. 

"I'm here. I'm still here, and forever will be. What more do you want?" he asks while keeping up with my pace.

"Stop. Just stop. Please," I stopped walking to put my palms infront of my face. "Go away, please. I'm begging you,"

"You told me you wanted to spend more time with me. We snucked out of our rooms just to see each other at midnight, remember? I lied to my brother just to meet up with you. Don't you remember the times we secretly celebrated Valentines day by the park?"

"But that was before. Things have changed. Let me go," I replied.

"I can't. I still love you,"

His words echoed to my ears about a hundred times. Maybe that's the reason why he can't leave me alone.

I didn't say it back.

"I love you," I said as I close my eyes, and try to reach out to hug him. I started crying and I just wanted to feel his warm body, one last time, but I didn't.

I didn't feel my arm wrapped around his body. I didn't feel his heartbeat beating through his chest.
I didn't feel his hand running through my hair.

All I felt was his presence. I continued to walk and opened my front door. My clock turned to 12. It's February 14th.

I sat on the sidewalk and started to cry once again.

- - -

"Hey, I'm at the park now," I said through the phone. "Call me back when you're just a corner away. Bye, I love you, babe,"

I ended the call and waited for his car to show up on the road.

- - -

"Babe, it's me again. Where you at? It's been an hour. Call me back, please. I'm worried now," I said.

- - -

5 minutes have passed, and all my call just goes straight to voicemail. It feels so bad not knowing what happened to him.

My heart jumped when I felt my phone vibrating on my back pocket, and it was him. Finally.

"Oh my god babe, you scared me. Are you okay? Don't do that again," I said as soon as I answer the call.

"Hello? Is this Y/N?" A male voice that I don't recognize answered.

"Yes, who's this?"

"This is the California State Hospital, Shayne Topp-" After hearing his name, I couldn't hear anything else. I knew exactly what was happening, so I didn't waste any minute and any second. I rushed to make my way to the hospital, hoping that maybe I could still be by your side with your eyes wide open.

But I was too late. White cloth covered your body, and all that I got to do was collapse and fall to the ground.

And now you're back. A year later, after that incident happened- at the same time and at the same night.