hawaii things - i.h

"It's great how we get to spend this whole week away from LA!" I exclaim as I put down my luggage on the carpeted floor of this hotel room.

"Yeah, I know," Ian said, "I'm kinda getting tired of being Mr. President of Smesh."

I laugh as I unpack our things and put it on the nearby cabinets in this bedroom. Ian said that he's all burned out in the office and I also felt the same thing, you know, when doing mathematics, accounting and budgeting shit on the office.

"Ugh, I can't wait to go on a swim!" Ian exclaims as he pushes down the empty baggage to the side of the bedroom.

"I can't wait, to have fun, with you," I said, laying down on the bed.

"What kind of fun?" he said, removing his shirt and laying down beside me.

"All kinds of fun. However you'd like," I replied, tracing a heart on his chest, "But for now, I need my vitamin sea! Let's go swim!"

"Wait, can we just like, take a quick nap first? I'm still jetlagged," he said, holding my hand as I try to get off the bed.

"Fuck jetlag. I don't care. I want that sun hitting my skin! Plus, you already took your top off," I said, yanking my arm from him and taking my dress off.

"You're telling me you wore that bikini under that dress," he said, pointing out on my two piece swimwear.

"Yes, and? You're talking way too much!" I said as I open the door and run to the beach.

We're in Hawaii. We both took a week break from the office, and I'm so glad that they let us have it, telling us that we deserve it. A few months ago, Smosh started getting big again. Most of our videos garnered millions of views, and suddenly the demand to upload videos went up. The Twitch Community also got hooked. Everyone in the office was shocked, mostly the cast. Ian has been working non-stop since that happened. Brand deals, commercials, the merch- everything is just, wow. They kept on coming. And then now, we're kind of getting better at handling this "fame", you know, getting more used to it. People adjusted, and we had a brand new schedule to follow. It was tiring, honestly, and we barely got time to spend with each other.

I ran to the water with my feet touching the sand. I am wearing this yellow halter swimsuit top with a matching yellow floral thongs. As soon as half of my body is under the water, I lifted my legs to let myself float. I laid there, on top of the water, with my eyes closed. Moments later, I heard the water splashing, like someone is approaching me.

"Aah!" Ian said as he pulls me closer to him, causing me to sink down and have water stuck on my nose. I proceeded to blow my nose as Ian lifted me up a little.

"Gosh, why the hell did you do that?" I asked him as I hit him playfully on the head.

"I thought you'd find it funny," Ian said, looking me dead at the eye.

"Well, it wasn't funny. I almost drowned," I said as I wade through the water.

"Oh my God, don't be dramatic!" Ian said as he follows me out of the water. As soon as we're both walking on the sand, I turned around and tackle him down.

"Ha, gotcha!" I said as I slap his chest while my body's on top of him. His hands travelled all the way from my back to my buttocks, massaging it lightly.

"Nope, not here!" I said as I slap his hand away. I stood up and ran back to the water.

"Hey, sunscreen! Have you put some sunscreen on you?" he asks,

"Shit, I forgot! Can you get it for me, please?" I said as I jump on the sand to keeo my head above water.

"I mean, yeah, if you'd let me put it on you," he said, smiling ear to ear.

"Do I have a choice?"

"You have two: yes or definitely yes," he said as he runs back to our room, and I was left in the water, laughing.

This is why I love Ian. He's a funny man, and for me, humor is like- very important, because life can't always be serious, you know? He makes me laugh all the time, and we're always having fun!

"I got it," he said as he ran back with a bottle of sunscreen, 2 white towels, and a pair of sunglasses on his hands. He put down the towels on the sand and I slowly walk out of the water to get my sunscreen applied.

He handed me the sunscreen and I applied little dots on my face and neck.

"Hey, hey, hey, I thought I'd be the one who's applying it?!" he said as he puts his hands on his waist.

"I'm just putting some on my face!" I said as I hand him back the bottle of sunscreen. He poured down a huge amount of sunscreen on his hand.

"Excuse me, mister, what is that?"

"Just trust me on this, babe," he said, gesturing me to get on the towel.

"Aren't you gonna put some on my arms first?"

"Nah, I wanna do your back first. Just, get on the towel!" he said.

I laid down with my stomach on the towel. I could feel Ian slapping my butt using his hand that is full of sunscreen.

"Why the hell did you put sunscreen on my ass first?" I said, chuckling.

"Babe, let me do my thing," he said as he continue to massage the sunscreen on my ass.

A few minutes later- yes minutes (he massaged my butt for atleast 2 minutes), he poured some sunscreen on my back and on my legs and then spread the sunscreen evenly.

"Can we proceed on my arms and stomach?" I ask me as I stand up.

"Hmm, I'd let you do it," he said as he proceeds to do his own sunscreen.

Oh God, he's a manchild.

I grabbed the bottle of sunscreen from his hand and put sunscreen on my stomach and on my arms.

"Ian, you're so red already," I said as I watch him put some sunscreen on his legs.

"I'm blushing. I got to massage my girlfriend's ass," he jokes, "This is not sunburn."

After 30 minutes of joking around, we went swimming.

"Ian, let's hold our breath underwater. Hold my hand," I said as I reach for his hand.

"What, why?"

"Why not?" I replied, "Let's go down on 3. 1, 2, 3."

When we were under the water, I closed my eyes, held my breath, and clutched both of his hands. We're not even 10 seconds in when Ian pulled me and himself up.

"Babe, we weren't even 10 sec- what the fuck happened to your eyes?" I said,

"I thought we would stare at each other down there," he said as he rubs his eyes.

"God, Ian, let me see," I said as I pull his hands off his eyes. It's red, but not that much, "Babe, Oh my God, you're dumb."

He laughs and then I laugh too. We both got off the water and went back to our room.

"You're so sun burnt, white boy," I said as I dry my hair using my white towel.

"Ugh, I'm so tired of being sun burnt everytime I'm under the sun,"

"The adverse effect of being a white boy," I said, sitting on the edge of the bed, near him. "To be honest, I've been wanting a vacation for so long. I don't think I've ever thanked you yet since we got here, so yeah, thank you babe."

"Aww, you know you deserve everything, baby!" he said as he hugs me as he stands in front of me. I hugged him back and then he let go and kneeled in front of me.

"Y/N, will you marry me? I'm supposed to do this later, but I just can't wait. I'm so excited and yet so nervous because I don't know if I'm being way too fast in this relationship but-"

"Yes! Yes, Ian! I love you, and all your dumbness, if that's a word. I would love to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you. Yes, Ian Andrew Hecox, Yes." I said, tears streaming down my face.