And just like that, she slams the door in my face.

I can't help but snort at her juvenile behavior. I technically know what went on between Shannon and Amelia, but it must have been worse than I imagined since Amelia moved out. I could only imagine what the fight must have been like.

I sigh and turn on my heel, walking back out of the rundown building. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I quickly dial Harry up as I make my way out to my car.

"How'd it go?" Harry frantically answers.

"It didn't," I tell him. "She wasn't here, mate. She moved out. Shannon said she's with her parents now but I don't know where the fuck they live."

"Oh - uh - well they're not terribly far away," Harry tells me, his voice shaking slightly. I know he's angling to ask me to drive there but he doesn't want to push it. He already knows I am doing him a huge favor by coming all the way to New York. "They're out east on Long Island. Maybe an hour and a half drive..."

I unlock my car and get into it, sighing as I do. As much as I don't want to drive, I've already made the trip so I might as well. It's all or nothing. Plus I promised Harry and I don't break my promises.

"Alright," I give in. "Text me her address, yeah? I'll swing by. But I swear to God, Harry, if she's not there, I might actually have a stroke."

I vaguely hear Harry chuckle on the other end.

"Thank you so much, Mitch. She should be there," he reassures me. "I know she has off this week so she won't be in class. But if for some reason she's not there, hopefully one of her parents is."

"Okay," I sigh. I run a hand through my hair. "And by the way, Shannon said you ruined her and Amelia's relationship and that you can go to hell," I laugh.

Harry scoffs.

"Bullshit. That's not at all what happened," he says.

"I know, I know. I thought it was more comical than anything. She seemed really pissed but she's the one that started this whole thing. It's quite hypocritical."

Harry laughs bitterly.

"It's ridiculous, that's what it is. If it weren't for her, I would be happy and content with my girlfriend right now. She wouldn't have gotten in my head," he tells me. "Not that I can entirely blame her though..."

"We'll fix it, Harry," I tell him. "Now let me go and text me Amelia's address so I can head out before it gets dark."

Harry and I exchange goodbyes and within a minute he sends me Amelia's address. I plug it into the GPS and he's right. It's only about an hour and a half away. It's not too far but the thought of driving back to my hotel later is not appealing. But I opt not to think of that until the time comes.

...

It takes me a little quicker than I thought to get to Amelia's. I sped a little plus traffic was decent so I'm happily surprised to arrive nearly 15 minutes early.

I huff as I park outside her house. There's only one car in the driveway, which is the blue Mustang Harry bought for her for Christmas. I thought he was insane for buying it for her but he sounded so happy when he found it at the dealership. He FaceTimed me to show it to me and he wore a huge grin the whole time. It was actually quite endearing.

Once again I exit the car with Harry's item and make my way to the front door. I vaguely hear children screaming from upstairs, leading me to believe at least someone is home.

I knock on the door and shift on the balls of my feet while I wait. Finally, I breathe a sigh of relief when I see the familiar face of Amelia Christmas open the door.