Chapter 12

Edited

Luke's p.o.v Skipping ahead to friday

___________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the week I've been thinking about Ashton alot. I'm wondering if I like her. Tonight is the game night and if we win we're all going out to the lake house. I have faith that we will win with Ashton on the team. I'm currently waiting for Ashton to pick me up. I hear a honk causing me to snap out of my day dreaming. I hop in the car and we head to the school. I look at Ashton's outfit she's wearing her jesery and a pair of jeans. She look good. If only she'd wear my jesery. I sigh and look out the window. She pulls into the school driveway and we get out and we meet the boys. "Damn girl you look smoking in a jesery," Jake says winking. "You don't look so bad yourself Jake," She says. He winks at her and she smacks him in the arm. We walk into the school and you can just see everyone looking at Ashton with confused and some disgusted faces. I heard "She's only playing so she can sleep with them." From Samantha. I walk up to her and say "Well if thats the case then she sure plays alot better then most of the guys on the team and remember I'm more liked then you one sentence from me and you'll be with the "Losers," Putting parthenses around Loser. I walk back to the group and see Ashton gone. "Where is she?" I ask. "Lockceroom," Jake whispers looking pale. "Whats wrong Jacob?" I ask concered. "I was playing around and I wiped some of her make off and saw the bruise," He says shaking his head. I start running to the girls lockeroom. "Ashton," I yell into the door. "Go away stupid," She yells back at me. I walk into the locker room watching her apply something on her face. "Who did it?" I ask. "Don't matter," She whispers contuining. "Ashton tell me now," I say with more force. "My dad! Are you happy now," She yells in my face and walks out the door to our first class. I catch up to her and take her to coach. "Coach I need to show you something," I say pulling a struggling Ashton into the room. I grab a kleenex off of his desk and wipe Ashton's face. He looks confused then mad when he sees the bruise. "Who the hell did that?" He yells. "Her dad," I say. "Luke please leave for a minute," Coach says. I walk out and try to listen to what he is going to say.

ASHTON'S P.O.V*****************

"How long?" Coach asks. "Since my brother died a couple years ago," I tell him. "Are you okay to play tonight?" He asks concered. "Yes sir," I say walking out the door with the pass for me and Luke. We walk to first period together. I didn't even try to fix where you can see my black eye. I hand the pass to the teacher and sit down.

**********GAME TIME*******************************************************************************

We walk out to the field and Coach says "Look Ashton there's a chance they are just going to come after you because you're a girl." I nod and walk out when my name was called. "Ashton is number fifteen. He oh shoot wait She is junior and is playing tonight." Then Luke's name was called. I cheer and wait for him he grabs my arm and we walk to our sideline together. "Ashton, Luke your captains this year," Coach says. We walk out to the field and meet with the refs and the other team captains. "Head or tails?" The ref asks. "Tails," Luke tells the man. He flips the coin and it lands on tails we get the ball. We walk back over to our side of the field. "Alright lets start with a speech from the quaterback," Coach yells. We huddle around Luke as he starts. "Alright it's the first game of the season we lost to these guys last year. But last year we didn't have Ashton, they are going to think because she's a girl she'll be weak and confused. But they are wrong. Lets win this just to prove we have gotten better. No matter what I'll be proud of us anyway." We all start bouncing around. "Who are we?" Jake shouts. "We are the Bengal," The whole team yells. "Ashton your on offensene for the first quarter," Coach yells. I nod and walk up next to Luke. "If we win I'll buy us dinner on the way to the cabin," I mumble taking my place in the field. Tonight on offense I was playing wide reciever with Josh. Luke calls the play and me and Josh switch spots I take off down the field dodging players. I see the ball and I catch it running towards the field goal I get to the 35 yard line when I see that I'm bout to be tackled. I clutch the ball into my chest as I get hit by the player. The whistle singals, and players get off of me. I look to my left and see the ball still in my hands not touching the ground. I stand up and hand the ref the ball. I get back into my position to play again.

*******HALFTIME (LUKE'S P.O.V)******

We're ahead by a touchdown. I got to hand it to Ashton she's playing where ever we need her tonight. We're in the locker room listening to coach tell us the plays for this half. When he says "Luke at fourth quarter we're gonna do the play we just learned this week." I nod and look at the team and start "I know I usually say the speech but this time I want Ashton too." I say sitting down and nudging her. "Um alright well I hate speeches. The last time I gave one is at my brothers funeral. He died due to football. My parents hate me because I play and I act jsut like him. So every game I play I go out there to win for my brother," I say to the team. "What was his name?" Jake asks. "John," Ashton mumble. We run out to the field and huddle back up. "Alright lets win this game for John,"Jake yells. We all throw our hands into the air and head out to the field.

*******ASHTON'S P.O.V**********

I take my spot as a gaurd for Luke. "Hey princess," the other team says. look dead at him in the eyes and say "If I'm a princess that makes you a queen." His eyes go dark. The whistle sounds and we begin the play. He tries to run around me and I stand in his way. He tries the other side and I tackle him from the side. We run another touchdown from the 45 yard line. Luke and I yell.

****FOURTH QTR***

It's the end of the game and theres only 30 seconds left. The coach decided to let the kicker kick. He scores a kick and we win the game. We all scream and run over to the kicker. We all head to locker rooms. "Fuck how am I going to shower?" I ask Luke. "Umm me and couple of the guys could like cover you?" He says scratching the back of his neck.