Chapter 10

Edited

Luke's p.o.v 

Ashton was calling her mom asking if she could stay at my house. Her mom said yes so we have to go get clothes from her house. We walk into her house and I walk in with her. "Stay right here. I'll be back," She says before running up the stairs. A lady comes up next to me "You  must be Luke. I'm  the mom," she says. "Yes ma'am," I say shaking her hand. Ashton comes back down. "Bye ma. Love you," Ashton tells her mom and I wave bye. We walk out to my truck and head to my house. The entire way to my house we were cracking jokes and laughing at each other. I pull into my driveway and get Ashton's door for her. "Here we go my fair madien," I say helping her out. "Why thank you my prince," she says winking. We walk up to my door and I stop and say "My parents are usually gone, so welcome to my home." I let her step in before me.  We walk up to my room so she can set her stuff down. "What do you want for dinner?" I ask. "Hmm I'll cook," Ashton tells me walking down into the kitchen. I smile and walk down after her.  "I want to help. I layed out steak so we can just make that and have a salad," I say. She looks at me like im crazy and replies "Steak yes salad yes, corn or carrots yes, and baked patoto yes."  I smile and wash my hands and stand next to her. "Start the 2 potatoes, I'll season the steak and get it going," She says giving my directions. I walk into the pantry to get the potatoes when my phone rings.

                           "Hello?" I answer

                             "What did you and Ashton do after we left," Jake yells through the phone.

                             "We talked and I asked if she wanted to spend the night because she was upset," I reply.

                              "So she's at your house?" He asks.

                            "Yes we're cooking dinner," I reply.

                            "Dude you really like her," He teases me,

                            "Thanks. I got to go," I say hangingup.

I walk back into the kitchen with a can of carrots and the potatoes.  "Luke we're friends right?" SHe asks looking at me. "Yeah why," I say confused. "Well I'm starting to like this guy that I've known for years and I don't know what to do," she says. I feel something hurt in my chest.  "Well then you know tell him. I'm sure he probably likes you too," I tell her. We finish cooking in silience. I can't quit wondering who it is? I could hope it's me but I doubt it.  "Here Luke," Ash says handing me a plate of food. We sit down and eat. "Thanks it's really good," I mumble. "Um where am I sleeping?" She asks. "My room with me," I say.  'Okay," she says walking up  to my room. I watch her shut the door. I clean up and then walk to my room. I walk in and see Ashton in one of my shirts and sweatpants. "Aren't the pants a little big on you,"  I say smirking. "Yeah but I don't wanna wear your boxers," She mumbles climbing under the blankets. I take of my shirt and pants and crawl under too. "Goodnight Lucas," Ashton says.Thats when I fell asleep.