Chapter 8 What's wrong with your cheeks?

I got home. " What happened to your dress?", my mum asked.

"I accidentally spilled my drink on it", I said.

"Ok but what's with this foolish smile? Did you hit your head too?", she asked and burst into laughters.

My mum never leaves a chance to pull my leg.

"Uhm... No no", I said, controlling myself. I quickly went to my room, got changed into my comfy pajamas and threw myself on my cosy bed.

I started giggling, all the scenes started playing in my brain. I started jumping. Only if there was an instrument to measure my joy, I would have told you. It was beyond my vocabulary. It felt like my every single cell was jumping. I danced, singed and god knows what else I did that day. I was going on to smile like a lunatic.

The next day was Sunday and it was the first time, I regretted why we didn't have school on Sunday!! I dragged myself to the dining table and ate my sunday special brunch. I was slogging to complete my homework until, I got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello, is this Olivia Doris speaking?", the person said on the phone. It was a familiar voice. It was that calm voice that made me excited and I instantly turned red.

"Yes", I said smartly.

"Hi! I'm Kevin. Yesterday, I forgot to ask your number so, I asked it from Tyler..... I called you because.....", he paused.

" Because....", I said and tried to tease him.

" Because I had some doubt in Maths", he said quickly and I burst into laughters. I heard him chuckling too.

" I'm sorry but, can we talk about something else?", I said reading his mind.

"Yeah ok!", he said which was already expected.

We talked and talked, until my phone notified me that my battery was on the verge of death.

" Uhm... I had to go now, my battery is about to give up, bye ", quickly informing him I put it on charge. I was highly astonish about myself. This would be the first time, I talked so long and surprisingly, we had so many topics to talk about. I was very tired. So, I fell asleep as soon as I landed my boby on the bed.

The next day, I as usually, rushed to the bus stop. I got into the bus when it came. There, my Pighead was sitting, who was looking more handsome today. His magnificently sculpted face radiated brightness of joy. His bewitching simile welcomed me. When I sat on the window side, he passed me a chocolate. It was an expensive one.

I looked towards him and said, "Kevin, I really loved that you  brought chocolates for me but, please don't bring for  me any gifts from now on. When you'll start earning, then buy me as much gifts as you want. I don't want you to waste your pocket money on me. You being with me is just enough for me."

His deep eyes were brimming with love and I could feel it. His smile was telling me that I touched his heart.

" Ok.... but since its our first day ; let's celebrate it ", he said.

His voice gave me a sense of satisfaction. We shared the chocolate and saved a little for Emma and Tyler.

It felt very different throughout the school time. There were no confessions while we walked to our class, Kevin's desk was neat and clean. I received  negative views from some girls and Kevin received from the boys but I was enjoying it.

After the school, we walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus.

" It was a good day, wasn't it?", I asked to which he nodded.

When the bus came, he and I got into it. Today, the bus was clumsy, it had no free seats and so, we had to stand. Kevin stood just behind me, it was like he was protecting me from the jerks that were there on the bus. I felt safe in his arms.

But soon there were squeals of brake and I lost hold of my handle. I fell backwardly and striked against Kevin. I could again feel his warmthness. His cologne smoothen my nerves. I tried hard not to turn red but my cheeks didn't obeyed me.

" Are you alright?", he asked me being genuinely concerned.

His black eyes looked so worried. I fell on him but it was him asking me whether I was fine or not.

" Yeah... I'm", I managed to say.

I couldn't move my eyes, I couldn't move my body or probably I didn't want to. I wanted to be in his arms.

"What's wrong with your cheeks? Why are they red? You got definitely hurt, let's go to the hospital!", he said being absolutely clueless about the thing called blushing. Thank god he was clueless about it!

My brain came back to its senses and I moved forward and said," No!... I'm fine. "

The grandmother who was sitting beside us, chuckled and said to Kevin," Don't you worry young man, you're girl is absolutely alright."

Embarrassment seized me. When my stop came, she grabbed my hand as I was about to get off after Kevin and said," You're lucky to have him. He really cares for you. Don't lose him."
I nodded and said thank you and quickly got off.

After that, we said our byes although, none of us said it willingly and went to our respective homes. So, this is how it feels when someone cares for you, this is how it feels when someone likes you. That night, I recalled what that grandmother said to me on the bus. I was moving closer and closer to him. I could feel a connection taking birth between us and I loved it.

-----****------****------****------****------

Hey everyone!
~Did you guys think, what Olivia said regarding chocolates to Kevin in the bus was a very matured side of hers?

Please Comment and vote.
Stay Tuned!!!