Chapter 11

Trigger Warning: Blood, Graphic Imagery, Descriptions of Blood, Cuts, Punctures etc.
Some readers may find this distressing or a sensitive topic, so if you want to skip to the end, there will be a summary at the end :)

"What. The. Fuck?"

A black feather. Peeking through one of the slits in Harry's back. Harry was left a quivering, whimpering mess on the floor, covered in the darkest of blood, and sweat, almost drowning in it. His skin glimmered and rippled as more feathers battled one another, trying to force their way through Harry's back.

"Fuck!" Harry grunted, his laboured breaths and groans leaving Draco trembling, tears pooling in his eyes to see his boyfriend in such a state.

"It's okay- it's okay." Draco tried to coax, his trembling hand reaching for Harry's limp one on the floor. He grasped it, squeezing tightly when he saw that Harry's eyes had closed, laboured wheezes forcing their way out of his lungs.

And then Harry's eyes snapped open. He whipped his head up and looked frantically about the room.

"Whe- where's— I need... I-" His gaze landed on Draco, and he scrambled, fingers blindly reaching for Draco's skin, for any form of contact, and let out a huge sigh, one Draco thought was relief more than anything else, when the pads of his fingertips brushed Draco's chest.

"Come-come here, Harry." Draco pleaded, out stretching his arms and pulling Harry into his embrace. "It's okay." He mumbled.

Harry's breathing began to regulate, his fingers gripping Draco's biceps in a wrench-like grasp, as he trembled and spluttered.

"I-it hurts." Harry shuddered, and Draco's heart broke. He watched as Harry's back rippled and undulated once again, forcing a groan out of Harry who now had his head buried against Draco's stomach.

Until finally, a huge set of wings bled themselves through the gashes in Harry's back, leaving him screaming and thrashing wildly, bloody fingers digging into the pristine white carpet.

The wings, a jet black feather with a red tip, sprouted and fluttered, jostling the deep blood embedded into the roots of them. They curled loosely around Harry's limp figure instinctively, as Harry was left heaving, struggling to catch his breath.

Draco watched in horror, as the slits in Harry's back began to close themselves up ever so slightly, and Harry's body shook.

"Shit." Harry wheezed, slumping down onto his side, and it was only now that Draco could get a look at Harry's face. It was dressed in a thick sheen of sweat, his eyes that were barely open, now bloodshot and wide. His cheeks were a fiery red and his lips almost a purple, as though he wasn't getting enough oxygen.

His stomach dropped suddenly, realising that he had the same to come, that he would be in Harry's position in a few minutes, or hours. He didn't know.

But why choose Harry first? When he's the pregnant one? Surely the bond would favour the most vulnerable of the two, the one that's with child? Draco questioned the bond's logic for a moment, as he held Harry's body in his arms, just thankful he wasn't dead, and that his newly formed wings, ones of pure beauty, looked to be protecting him, rather than putting him in harms way, as though they had a mind of their own.

Draco reached out, and ran his fingertip over the backbone of one of the feathers, with the softest of touches, worried that they were fragile. The feathers seemed to respond, the entire wing pushing softly into Draco's hand. Draco took it as a sign to continue, and began to stroke down the wing, smiling softly when Harry gave a contented sigh.

"'s nice." Harry croaked.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm."

Draco continued his petting until he felt his back rippling, a sharp stabbing pain shooting right up his spine. He hissed and straightened himself, heart pumping wildly in his ears.

Harry's voice grounded him.

"Don't be scared." He whispered, taking Draco's hand into his own with his eyes still closed.

"'m not." He tried.

"I can feel it. 's okay." Harry mentioned.

"W-what do you mean you can feel it?" Draco stuttered, hissing again as the pain shot through again, not hiding his distress this time as he let out a whimper to accompany.

"I can sense your emotions 'nd shit. I dunno. 's hard to explain." Harry slurred.

"I-I don't..." But he was cut off as he lurched violently, his body trembling as he felt the skin in his back splitting where certain feathers began to push through.

"Ha-Harry!" He wheezed, holding onto Harry's wing for purchase. He soon fell backwards, arching his back of the ground as he wiggled and thrashed, kicking his legs in an attempt to lessen the pain.

Stay awake

Stay awake. Yeah. He could do that. Right?

Stay awak

No- no... no

Stay awa

Stay aw

Stay a

Stay

Sta

St

S

...

~~

When he awoke again, the first thing that hit him was the overly clinical scent that wafted about the room, smelling strangely familiar to St. Mungo's.

St. Mungo's?

He flinched violently, grey, pearly eyes shooting open and darting about frantically.

Except he couldn't see his surroundings, his eyes shielded by fluttering feathers. Tiny streaks of clinical light shone through the gaps between each feather, giving Draco a chance to look around.

He found he was laid on top of one of his wings, the feathers heated and throbbing warmly where he was laid in a foetal position.

He could hear faint voices outside, one that sounded distinctly like Hermione's. He realised now, that he was in fact, at St. Mungo's.

No.

No, this wasn't good.

He pushed his wing off himself sharply, wincing as the action caused the root of the wing to tug at the newly treated slits in Draco's back.

A soft click signalled somebody coming through the door, he bolted his head around to see not only Hermione, but three other healers.

No.

No, nobody else could know about this.

His heartbeat picked up rapidly, the heart rate monitor beside his bed beeping frantically, alerting the healers of Draco's panicked state.

Clearly, Draco wasn't in a position to be able to function properly, and his body couldn't handle the panic and the stress.

He could feel his body begin to shut down, and give in to the darkness rapidly engulfing him once again, the last voice reaching his ears being that of his boyfriend's.

A wrenched "Draco!"

And he was out like a light.

SUMMARY: Basically Draco and Harry get their  wings. Harry gets his first, and Draco questions why it was Harry, and not himself first, considering he's more vulnerable. Draco's reaction to the wings was far worse than Harry's, and he ends up passing out. When he wakes again, he's in St.Mungos, where he panics as he spots 3 other healers with Hermione, meaning more people know about their bond. His body can't cope with the stress and he passes out again.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry tis not very long, and I'm sorry for the wait, I was struggling to think of a way to write this, but hopefully you liked it! Comments and votes are greatly appreciated! And thank you so much for all the support you've given this story so far! Love y'all!
Also! I'm on tumblr! Come say hi! Pseud: gaeilgelupin :))