Chapter 6

Time skip (2 weeks)

Christmas Day!

Harry had awoken first. It was around 6am, Christmas Morning. He rolled over and faced Draco, running his calloused fingers gently over Draco's skin. He always loved watching his lover sleep. His expressions whilst he was awake, were always very controlled and collected, however when he slept, he relaxed, and boy was he beautiful when he did. The early morning sun, shone through the window, reflecting off the white sheets, illuminating Draco's features and casting shadows across his cheekbones. His eyelashes glistened and fluttered slightly, his lips parted, where warm breaths escaped.

Draco began to stir, his eyes slowly opening to reveal silver eyes, like lumps of clay, freshly polished steel, perhaps gathering storm clouds. Harry has always thought they were the kind of grey that conveyed emotions. Every kind of emotion. Sadness. Despair. Grief. Happiness. Kindness. Pain. Hate. But most importantly, love. He blinked a few times before looking up at Harry. His lips upturned into a smile as he reached a hand up through the quilt to caress Harry's stubbly face.

"Merry Christmas, Harry"

"Merry Christmas, Draco."

Draco leaned in, pressing his lips softly against Harry's, wrapping his arms around Harry's shoulders as he draped his leg over his waist. Harry ran his hands down Draco's chest, pausing over his stomach. Draco panicked, jerking backwards, triggering an oncoming nauseous wave. His eyes widened as he shot up, doubling over, and spilling the contents of his stomach into the bowl next to the bed.

Harry was there rubbing circles into his back, speaking soothing words of encouragement as he ran his fingers over the systematic ridges in Draco's spine.

"It's okay. There you go, sweetheart." After a few painful dry heaves, Draco wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, and then casting a quick vanishing spell on the bowl and a cleaning charm on himself.

He slumped against Harry, completely worn out, humming contentedly as Harry ran his fingers through his hair.

"Didn't you take your potion last night?" Harry asked into his hair. "I did. Hermione didn't prescribe one for sickness. She told me to go back if it didn't get any better." He sniffed.

"Oh, honey. You should go back tomorrow, see what's going on, yeah?" He kissed the side of his head as Draco nodded.

They lay in comfortable silence for a moment, before Harry slowly sat up again, stretching his arms above his head.

"Come on." Harry jerked his head towards the door. "We've got presents to open." He smiled over at Draco, who smiled back and jumped off the bed, grabbing a pair of Harry's sweatpants and followed Harry down the stairs.

Harry strolled into the kitchen, and started to make a cup of tea for the two of them, pulling out two mugs of the same design and reaching into a ceramic jar to pick out two tea bags, humming to himself as he did.

Draco stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame, watching the scene unfold. With Harry swaying his hips to the wireless he wandlessly switched on whilst pouring boiling hot water into both mugs, and spilling it over the counter. "Shit!" He flinched, spinning around to rip a sheet of kitchen towel off the roll to clear the mess. Draco laughed in the doorway, subconsciously lowering his hand to his stomach, smiling.

He pushed himself off the doorframe and turned around, calling to Harry "I'll be in the living room!"

"Okay! Won't be long."

He pottered around the living room, pulling a record out of the case and inserting it into the record player by the windowsill, next to the large leather corner sofa. He pulled the blinds and opened both the top windows slightly to let some fresh air into the house before the heating came on later that day. He made sure everything was perfect, all the blankets in the basket folded correctly, the cushions on the sofa in the right position and the softer couch, the one that was fabric rather than leather, all puffed and comfortable. Everything had to be perfect. In case, somehow, something went wrong today.