Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven | Our Archie's Birthday — 2nd May 2020

999,000 likes

sussexroyal HRH The Duke of Sussex has recorded a special message to celebrate the 75th anniversary of children's favorite Thomas the Tank Engine. In his introduction which was recorded in January, The Duke of Sussex introduces a new program called "Thomas and Friends: The Royal Engine," which has a storyline that includes HRH The Prince of Wales and HM Queen Elizabeth II, as animated characters.

View all 8,721 comments

===•===

Prince Harry Records Message for Thomas the Tank Engine's 75th Anniversary

(LONDON) — Prince Harry has recorded a special message to celebrate the 75th anniversary of children's favorite Thomas the Tank Engine.

The Duke of Sussex introduces a new program called "Thomas and Friends: The Royal Engine," which has a storyline that includes Harry's father and grandmother, Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II, as animated characters.

Set when the Prince of Wales was a boy, the story sees the friendly engine taking Sir Topham Hatt, the controller of the railway, to Buckingham Palace to receive an honor.

In his introduction — which was recorded in January before his move overseas — Prince Harry is seen sitting in an armchair, reading from a book about the train's adventures.

In a statement he said he has "fond memories of growing up with Thomas and Friends and being transported to new places through his adventures."

Thomas "has been a comforting, familiar face to so many families over the last 75 years — entertaining, educating and inspiring children on important issues through exciting stories and characters," he added.

Proof of Prince Harry's attachment to the engine can also be seen in photos of his first day attending nursery in September 1987, where he is seen carrying a Thomas the Tank Engine bag.

The Rev. Wilbert Awdry released the first book in "The Railway Series" 75 years ago. It was originally created as a bedtime story for his son, Christopher, during a bout of the measles.

==•==•==

Liked by kensingtonroyal and 1,300,500 others

sussexroyal Happy birthday to our wonderful, amazing, and fabulous niece, Charlotte, kensingtonroyal!

View all 34,891 comments

kensingtonroyal ❤️

==•==•==
6th May 2020

Happy Birthday, Archie! See the Queen, Kate Middleton and Prince William's Sweet Wishes

The royal family chose photos from Prince Archie's public debut and christening to celebrate his first birthday

Archie's first birthday is here — and the entire royal family is celebrating!

To mark one year since Princess Madeleine and Prince Harry welcomed their fourth child, the official Royal Family Instagram account shared a photo taken just two days after Archie's birth. In the shot, taken after the proud parents introduced their son to the world at Windsor Castle, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip meet their great-grandson for the first time. The group, including Madeleine's parents King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia, smiles in adoration at the baby in Madeleine's arms.

"Happy Birthday to Prince Archie of Sussex who is celebrating his 1st birthday today! 🎈🎉," they captioned the post. "Archie is The Queen's eleventh great-grandchild."

Kate Middleton and Prince William chose a family photo from Archie's private christening in July 2019 to celebrate their nephew's birthday.

"Wishing Prince Archie of Sussex a very happy first birthday today!" the snap was captioned, complete with a red balloon emoji.

Prince Charles also opted for a photo from Archie's christening to wish him a happy birthday. The black and white shot shows the proud grandfather standing beside son Prince Harry, who holds the baby in his arms.

Although the photo was taken in July, it was not released until Prince Charles' 71st birthday in November, when Madeleine and Harry shared it on their  SussexRoyal Instagram page to celebrate.

"A very Happy Birthday to Prince Archie of Sussex, who turns one today," Prince Charles' office at Clarence House captioned the photo featuring the men of three generations.

Princess Madeleine and Prince Harry marked their son's big day with a video of family reading time, featuring the Duchess of Sussex read one of Archie's favorite books, Duck! Rabbit! The couple wanted to use the day to highlight the continuing need to get food and learning resources, such as books, to children around the world.

Archie helps his mom with turning the pages and even excitedly holds up a book to read next. And when the story calls for some quacking, both mom and dad chime in!

They are supporting the @SaveWithStories campaign in the U.S. — and @SaveChildrenUK in the U.K. — which helps kids who have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In the U.S.,#SAVEWITHSTORIES was created by Jen Garner and Amy Adams in March.