Danny Fenton X Nerdy!Reader

Start from the beginning

"Alright, but don't think this is the end of the conversation." Sam conceded as the two girls rushed down the hall to their destination.

The hours passed by and as the final bell rang, floods of students left their classes. (Y/n) walked through the hall, trying to squeeze past other kids as she caught sight of her locker. She reached it and got her stuff out before someone bumped into her, causing her to fall on to the floor.

"Ow! What the heck?!" (Y/n) called out as she made sure she didn't have any major injuries. She looked up to see Danny peering right back down at her.

"Oh, sorry, (Y/n)! I didn't see you there. Here, let's get you back up." The black-haired boy replied as he offered a hand to the girl. (Y/n) blushed lightly as Danny gently took her hand she lifted to him. Danny tugged his friend off the ground and (Y/n) tried to brush herself off as she stood back up.

"I really am sorry about that, (N/n). I was kinda rushing to get back home because I thought you, Tuck and Sam had already left."

"It's fine but I'm gonna need you to do something for me if you want to get on my good side again."

"Ok, sure, what do you want me to do? Go ghost and embarrass myself? Dress like a clown during school next week? Admit Sam is cooler than me?!"

"Whoa, calm down, Danny! Although those are all tempting, I just want you to walk to Ops Center with me!" Laughed (Y/n) as she tried to calm down the half-ghost boy.

"Oh. I guess that makes more sense."

"Come on, silly. The others are probably half way to your house by now. We should hurry if we wanna catch up to them."

"Let's go, then." Danny said before (Y/n) took his hand again and began to pull him behind her. The two pushed their way past students and out the door before they both began to race to Fenton works.

They ran through Amity Park as fast as they could and reached Danny's house just as Sam and Tucker were about to walk in.

"Oh, good, you're here now! I did not want to go in to your house without you here, but somebody was being impatient!" Tucker said as he glared at Sam.

"Hey, I was way too bored to be waiting for them out here. I'd much rather be bored waiting for them in the Ops Center."

"Well, we're here now, so let's get up there before we lose light." Danny answered as he and Tucker moved into the house, Sam and (Y/n) not far behind them.

"So, have you told him yet?" Sam whispered to (Y/n) as they walked up the staircase to the master bedroom's secret elevator. When the group got into the room, (Y/n) immediately went over to a table, pulled out the Ichabod Trap and began to work on it. 

Danny saw her out of the corner of his eye and he leaned on a table as he watched her with a smile on his features.

"Uh, Danny? What are you doing?" Tucker asked as he and Sam looked at him with a confused look on her face. 

"Uh, nothing! Absolutely nothing!" Grinned the boy sheepishly as he nearly fell over in surprise.

"Wait a second, do you like (Y/n)?!"

"What? No! I just think she's kind. And funny. And smart. And creative. And pretty... and... what was I saying?" Danny crooned as he shook his head to clear his mind.

"Holy cow, you have a crush on (N/n)! I can't believe it!"

"Shut up! Yes, I have a crush on her, so what? She doesn't like me back."

"That's it! I can't watch this anymore!" Sam shouted before grabbing Danny by the back of his shirt and (Y/n) by her arm, throwing them in a weapons closet and locking the door behind them.

"Sam, what the hell? Let us out!" (Y/n) yelled as she pounded on the door.

"Not until the two of you tell each other how you feel! I don't want to see you two pining after each other forever, so get to it!"

"Fenton, what is she talking about?"

"Nothing, Sam's crazy! Now, let us go!" 

"Not until you two talk it out! Sam and I are gonna go get something to eat! Enjoy your time alone together!"  Tucker called as he and the goth girl went back down the secret elevator.

"This cannot be happening right now. I have to work on the trap! That's why you and Tuck invited us, right?" (Y/n) sighed as she sat against the back wall of the closet.

"Well, kinda. I still wanted to hang out with you. I mean, you're one of my best friends, (N/n)."

"Right... friends. I was right."

"What do you mean?"

"Uh, It's nothing. Don't worry..." Muttered (Y/n) as she brought her knees to her chest. Danny ran his hand through his hair with a sigh before walking over and sitting next to (Y/n).

"Come on, (Y/n). You know you can tell me anything."

"You don't wanna know. It's really stupid."

"Yes, I do. Please tell me?" Danny asked gently as he looked at the girl beside him. (Y/n) sighed sadly before turning to look at him.

"I like you, okay? I think you're so great and I want that in my life. But I know you like Paulina so let's just drop it now, alright?"

"Who said I like Paulina?"

"No one said it, it's just obvious. She's beautiful and popular and I'm just nerdy, average me."

"I don't think you're average. I think you're really cute." Danny shrugged nonchalantly. (Y/n)'s head shot up as she came face to face with him.

"You think I'm cute?"

"Yeah, I do. I have for a really long time now. I would have told you sooner, but I was afraid that you wouldn't like me like that. But now, I know you have a crush on me too." 

"You like me too? Really?..." (Y/n) laughed incredulously as a deep pink blush appeared on her cheeks. Danny chuckled softly and smiled as he shyly reached for her hand.

"Really. I think you're so smart, inventive, and sweet. I wouldn't change anything about you."

"Oh... thank you... That means a lot coming from you." (Y/n) acknowledged as she bowed her head down.

"Hey, (Y/n), would you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked as he gently squeezed her palm. (Y/n) stared down at the space between them before grinning lightly and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. I'd like that a lot."