The White Wyrm

The night was cold even with out jackets on. The lights at the Wyrm shines over to the forest surrounding it, the line of motorcycles block the front of the entrance. Jughead stops the bike at the end of the line where his sister sits waiting for us.

"Oh Betty I'm so glad to see you!" Jellybean walks over.

"I missed you to Jelly." We embrace each other with a hug.

"Betty can we talk about earlier?" Jughead whispers towards me.

"I don't see why we have too."

"Please Betty."

Jellybean overheard us and decided to be in the less awkward conversation.

"I'm gonna go talk to Fangs." JB grabs her keys and walks away.

Jughead lets out a big sigh and turns towards me. "Betty I know I'm not your boyfriend anymore, but you are my best friend and no matter what happened between us I plan to protect you from anything."

"I know Jug and I'm sorry for how I reacted during lunch, can we just get a drink and hang out?"

"Of course, I'll be right back." Jug taps my arm and walks away.

I sat alone for a couple of minutes before someone behind me asks a question.

"Hey Betts! I'm actually glad to see you, can we talk?"

I turn around to see a leather jacket on top of a gray shirt with plaid in between. I move my head up to see who was talking, but I had already known. Sweet Pea

"Um I guess, Jughead is just getting us a drink, he'll be back soon." I say as I watch him sit down.

"Well then I better hurry and just tell you that FP wanted me and you to go on a business trip to Greendale on Friday."

I straighten up. "Oh okay, I'll meet you here on Friday."

"I'll see you then."

He gives me a little smirk before he walks away, I try to loosen up but I knew that if I did I wouldn't be able to stop smiling.

"Here you go, why do you look so happy?" Damn! My cover is blown by my stupid smirk.

"I'm not looking happy." I lied.

"You have the same look you had when we went on our first date."

My smirk slightly dropped because that's exactly how I felt. I felt as though I was on a first date--just not with Jughead. Jughead and I had our first date at the Bijou and I couldn't stop smiling the whole night. The moment he picked me up to the next morning. Sweet Pea made me feel that energy again, the energy of feeling alive and happy. When I was dating Jughead we just stopped connecting after the third year and pushed each other away, no one did anything to hurt anyone or anything bad, it was just that we had gotten sick of our love and needed something new. I still love him! Just not in a romantic way, I love him in a best friend way. Not the way I feel about Sweet Pea, at least not anymore. I grab my drink as my mom approaches.

"Betty hey! Where's your sister?" She grabs ahold of my drink and takes a sip.

"Still at aunt Alice's house." I take back my drink as she hands it back.

"Okay well I hate to cut this short, but we have to go home."

"Okay, I'll meet you outside." I tell her.

My mom walks outside of the bar, leaving Jughead and I alone again at the table.

"I'm sorry Jug I have to go."

"It's fine, I'll see you at school." Jug looked like a lost puppy.

"Yeah, tell Jelly I said goodbye." I got up and grabbed my jacket.

"I will, goodbye Betts." Betts--the nickname I've been called by both Jughead and Sweet Pea. I get shivers whenever I hear it.

"Goodbye Jug."

I finally walk away leading myself past the crowd of drunk Serpents and to the door that let out the cold air through. Little did I know someone was watching me as I left. Sweet Pea was watching my every move as I shut the door to the bar.