Family

It was finally the end of the school day and I had just arrived at my aunts house. My aunt Alice is truly the most amazing and trustworthy person to be in a family! She had mine and Toni's back since before we were even born. That's why I really don't have secrets from her.

"Hey! You home?" I shout from the foyer after I look through her giant mirror.

"Yeah I'm the kitchen." Her voice as sweet as bubble gum echoing through the house.

"Hey! Toni is on her way." I go to the kitchen and sit down at the table.

"Great! You know I love spending time with you girls." She comes to join me.

"Aunt Alice can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah Betty you can ask me anything." She starts stirring her tea around.

"Are you thinking of quitting the serpents?"

She stops stirring and stares straight at me. "What? No, why would you ask that?"

"I think my mom is going to, honestly I hope not but I'm scared she's going too."

"Penny is very dedicated to the serpents I don't think she would ever give up on them." Alice smirks.

"Hey aunt Alice, Betty! Sorry I'm late." Toni walks in with a big grin on her face.

"It's okay we were just talking about this weekend." Alice smirks.

"Yeah Valentine's Day, we are heading to pops to help Veronica with business." I jump into the conversation.

"Yeah Cheryl called me about that, it sounded exciting."

"I'm glad you and Cheryl are still together you guys are amazing together. Betty do you have anyone? I was sad to hear about you and Jughead." Alice starts drinking her tea.

"She's thinking of Sweet Pea." Toni interrupts.

"Sweet pea? The cute tall serpent?" Alice smirks and stares straight in my direction.

"That's him!" Toni I continues.

"It's not like he likes me back and I don't want to date another one of my best friends." I try to reason with her.

"Dating your best friends mean that you know everything about them which means you won't get hurt as bad, but you truly have to love them before you hurt them." Aunt Alice says as her daily words of wisdom.

"Thanks Aunt Alice!"

"I think you should go to him, you never know." Toni  holds my shoulder.

"I know I'll be the girl who dates everyone of my friends which will make Archie hope more."

"That isn't true and you can totally take Archie." Toni gives me a glare because we both know she's right, he may be a football player but sweet Pea and I were probably the strongest and toughest in our group.

"Yeah I guess." I grew silent.

A ping sent vibrations through my leg. A text from Jughead.

"Hey we're here!" -Juggie
"Alright I'll be out in a minute." -Betts
"Got to say goodbye to my aunt." -Betts
"Alright I'll see you in a sec." -Juggie
"Thanks!" -Betts

"Sorry to cut this short, but Jughead and JB are here." I grab my bag and start showing the extra food aunt Alice have me.

"It's alright have fun, I'll see you soon." She kisses my cheek goodbye as I hug her.

"Love you see you soon." I say as I walk away.

Jughead sat on his motorcycle waiting for me to grab my helmet and hop onto his bike. He waited for me to grab ahold of his waist before he speeds off in full speed.