Chapter 12

~~~~~~~~~

VOTE<COMMENT>REPEAT

Follow me on Instagram! hayley_oberg

Dedicated to maggiee_gracee, for being 'absolutely obsessed with Emma Grace Tomlinson' and making my night!

Love you guys!

- Hayley

~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

Emma’s POV

A bitter sweet feeling washed over me as I waved goodbye to Louis and his family. I swear I saw Louis wipe away a tear, though he would never admit it. But nana on the other hand, was full on crying, and it only made all the more harder to leave.

I turned away from the window once I couldn’t see the house anymore and shifted to face Harry, who beamed at me from the driver’s seat.

“So, did you have fun?” He asked, nudging me slightly.

“Yeah.” I sighed. “It was weird at first, because it was the first time I had ever had grandparents, and the first time I had ever eaten a Thanksgiving dinner, but it was pretty awesome.”

“You’ve never met your grandparents before?” Harry asked.

I shook my head in reply and he furrowed his brow before replying.

“Well now you have five.”

I smiled at that. I had five sets of grandparents. I went from having none, to five grandmothers, and grandfathers, in a matter of weeks.

“So, are you worried that they won’t like you or anything?” Harry questioned.

“No, Louis already covered all that.” I smiled to myself.

“Oh? Well, my parents are a little different. They most defiantly won’t like you.” He said his face completely serious. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish before slumping slightly and crossing my arms.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding!” he laughed, nudging me again. “They’ll love you.” He smiled, but I didn’t reply, I just looked out the window.

“Oh come on! You aren’t giving me the silent treatment are you?” He asked, bumping me again.

“No.” I smiled lightly “But if you bump my arm again then I will.”

~~~~

Harry carried my bag towards the door of the larger house. It was almost as big as the one we lived in now, and a lot bigger than Louis’s mums. Louis’s mums house was more homey, this one seemed more modern.

Harry knocked on the door, shifting the bags back and forth in his hands. I knew they were heavy, but I wasn’t volunteering to take one. I’m just mean that way.

The door finally opened and a tired looking woman appeared. She was thin, her long black hair was pulled back into a sloppy pony-tail, and she was wearing sweats and a t-shirt.

“Oh, Harry. I didn’t know you were coming today.” She frowned, leaning against the door slightly.

Harry furrowed his brow. “I called you yesterday…” He trailed off.

She gazed into the distance as her mind wondered, before she eventually just shook her head.

“I must have forgotten. Come on, come in, I’m anxious to meet Emma.” She smiled, though it didn’t meet her eyes.

Harry could tell something was wrong, making everything awkward for me.

We shuffled inside and Harry took our bags up stairs, while Anne examined me.

“So, you’re the doll that’s got Harry wrapped around her finger, huh?” She smiled, sitting on the sleek leather couch. I blushed slightly, taking a seat a cross from her.

“I guess.”

“He’s very fond of you, you know?”

I smiled “Yeah, I’m pretty fond of him to.”

“He’s a good kid.” She beamed, staring at a picture on the wall. I averted my gaze to the picture and held back a laugh- it was Harry, I would guess he was about twelve, and it was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

“Mom, can we talk?” Harry appeared, his voice was stern.

“We can talk here, I’m trying to get to know my new granddaughter.”

“I need to talk with you though.”

“We can talk here then, Emma’s family now.”

Harry rolled his eyes and placed his hand on his forehead.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked, motioning to her frail body.

“Nothing-“

“Don’t do that.” He shook his head, and I sank in my seat. His voice rose slightly. “I just got off the phone with Gemma, she said something had been wrong for a while, she just didn’t want to worry me. Now, unless you want me as mad at you as I am with her, then I suggest you tell me what’s wrong with you.”

Anna set silently for a moment, before a tear trickled slowly from her eye.

“I’ve got cancer.”