Out-of-Body Experience- Jace Wayland-Herondale

I thought I'd try my hand with the whole switching bodies trope for this one-shot. So the story line goes that the reader is a Shadowhunter who doesn't get along with Jace. When the two get in a fight in Magnus' apartment, one of the potion bottles breaks and read to find out what happens next.

A bit of language in this one. Enjoy.

"Get out of my way, Jace," you warn. The two of you were currently at Magnus' flat, having been called over to help the warlock look for some old books that he hadn't look at in at least a couple centuries. While you would normally be more than happy to lend a helping hand to Magnus, you weren't exactly looking forward to doing so with Jace; the only reason you said yes was because Magnus promised he'd teach you how to properly manicure your nails afterwards.

Right now, while Magnus had to leave to run some errands, you finished searching one of the book shelves in the main room, and was about to search another room when Jace inadvertently and purposely blocked your path. You didn't know what was this guy's deal with you, but you and him didn't exactly see eye-to-eye since you moved into the Institute; you got along with the Alec, Isabelle, and Clary, but Jace? Nope, nothing, and you weren't sure why.
You figure it might have something to do with Jace being something of a narcissist when it came to his looks; you've witnessed a good number of ladies (and some men) swoon over Jace's charm, but you were not one of them, and maybe that's why he seemed to not like you all that much.

Anyway, there he was, right in your path, and he refused to budge. "Jace, I mean it," you say with a sterner tone, "Get out of my way." "Oh, I would love to," Jace sneers, "But I'm still in the middle of my own search, so you better wait." You feel your face heat up in anger, "You know, arrogance is not exactly an attractive trait in men." "Well if that were the case, why do so many women fall for me anyway?" Jace points out. "It's easy to fall for looks," you answer, "But a pretty face can be easily diminished with a shitty, narcissistic personality." "So you think I'm pretty?" Jace says with a grin. "Pfft, I didn't say that," you scoff. "But it was implied," Jace grins some more. "Ugh, you are so full of yourself," you scold, "Now move out of the way so I can continue with my task."

"It's always tasks and missions with you, (y/n)," Jace glares, "Being so uptight isn't exactly an attractive trait in women." "I am not uptight," you counter, "If anything I'm one of the most easy-going people I know." "Well you must not know a lot of people," Jace counters back. "Oh forget it," you turn and decide to look somewhere else. "You'd probably be more of a catch if you didn't have such a long stick up your ass either!" Jace calls out.
Having enough, you lunge at Jace who was quick to dodge your attack, but not quick enough to avoid hitting the side of a bookshelf that happened to have a potion bottle dangling precariously on the ledge.

"Whoa, are you out of your mind?!" Jace exclaims. "Come at me and see for yourself, you pretentious ass," you challenge. You lunge again and push Jace against the shelf. Right then, the bottle fell off the shelf and broke, releasing the contents into the air, making you and Jace cough as you were exposed to whatever potion was contained.
You started to feel a weird sensation, almost like your mind was leaving your body, or something similar to that.

By the time the air-born potion cleared away, Magnus had returned and he could see the whiffs of mist from the potion. "Whoa, are you two okay?" he asks with some concern. He approaches Jace first, "Jace, are you okay?" "Why are you calling me Jace?" 'Jace' questions in confusion, "It's me, (y/n)." "(y/n)?" Magnus seemed just as confused. "What are you blind?" you say, "I'm not exactly hard to recognize, even for you. By the way, did you get shorter or something?"
Magnus' jaw drops a little before turning to the person that was supposed to be you, "If you're (y/n), then...Jace?" "Yeah, whose asking?" Jace asks in your body, "Wow, Magnus, I swear you got taller. Wait, what's wrong with my voice?" You turn to see your body, "Uh, please tell me there's a mirror right in front of me- wait...why does my voice sound deeper?"