Chapter 28

Jungkook's POV

The day has finally arrived. The day we save Tae.

Namjoon, Hoseok and I were standing near the border with our guards, waiting for the cops to arrive. Jin stayed behind since Namjoon didn't want him coming, and Yoongi didn't want Jimin going since Jimin has really bad memories of the place, so Yoongi stayed behind with him. We thought the three of us would be enough to get Tae back, so the other three would stay in the palace and wait for our return.

The cops show up, and I narrow my eyes at them. "You're late" I say, and the captain chuckles nervously. It was 9:11 pm.

"I'm sorry, your highness. It was difficult setting up a rescue team this big in two days" he explains and I sigh.

"Whatever, let's go"

"We're infiltrating the castle to save Taehyung, and also arrest the King for all the crimes he's committed. It'll be messy, so if any of you don't want to go, you should leave now" Namjoon announces but no one moves.

I roll my eyes, obviously, it's not like they're allowed to leave.

We get into the cars, making our way towards King Lee's castle, where Taehyung is. The ride felt longer than it should've, my leg bouncing up and down the whole time. Namjoon had to place a hand on my leg to stop me from moving, but then my other leg would start bobbing.

I was nervous. What if something happened to Tae in the time we took to prepare?

"Sirs, we're almost there" the driver announces, and I look out of the window at the unfamiliar scenery as a castle comes into view.

The car stops, and Hoseok, Namjoon and I get out, looking up at the castle in front of us. It was different from ours, a lot more modern.

The cop cars stop as the officers leave the cars, standing behind us. Sirens were heard in the distance, and we look to our side to see more police cars approaching. Police officers with a different uniform than our kingdom's leave the cop cars, walking over to us. It was the police officer's from Lee's kingdom.

"Your highness" the captain of the other squad greets, and I nod.

The two captains acquaint themselves, us contacting them about our operation today a few days prior. They decided to join us, them saying that they've wanted to arrest Lee for a long time but never having the evidence.

"Ready?" Namjoon asks, and I nod.

"Let's get Tae out of here"

The cops bust through the doors, and we all run in. The guards that were roaming around were shocked at the sudden break-in, but quickly recovered and charged at us. Our guards from the castle ran in and held them back, telling us to go find Lee.

We all run around the castle, looking for any signs of Lee or Taehyung.

"He's over here!" a cop yells, and we all run towards the room and see Lee sitting nonchalantly on his throne.

"King Lee Dong Kyo, you're under arrest for aggravated assault, domestic abuse and attempted murder. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court" Captain Singh recites, walking towards him with handcuffs.

Lee smirks, "GUARDS" he yells, but no one comes to his command.

I smirk back, "Your guards are currently a little busy, guess you'll have to face us alone"

He grunts, taking out his sword and charging towards us.

There were 30 of us, and 1 one of him. I knew he was violent, but I didn't think he was this stupid.