Chapter 22

Taehyung's POV

"Morning Tae"

I nod, yawning as I sit down beside Hoseok. I rub my eyes, looking around the table, my eyebrows furrowing when I don't see him.

"Where's Jungkook?" I ask, and Yoongi points to the doorway.

"You just missed him, he left like a minute ago" Yoongi informs me, and I huff. Jungkook's been avoiding me since our kiss yesterday. He completely disappeared after Jimin found Jungkook and I. We ended up just going to bed after that round since it was already 3 am when we finished. When I got back to the room, I quickly washed up and went to rest in bed. I continuously glanced from my phone to the doorway of our room, waiting for a sign of Jungkook. I waited until 4 am but Jungkook never showed. I tried waiting for him longer, but the exhaustion overtook me as I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was expecting Jungkook to be in bed beside me, probably just coming back late from a walk or something. But Jungkook's side of the bed was empty, the pillow and covers having no sign of someone sleeping there the night before. Jungkook didn't come to the room last night. He was clearly in the castle, since the hyungs said they saw him this morning.

So he is avoiding me.

I thought he felt something too when we kissed, was it just me?

I shake my head, continuing to poke my fork in the pancakes.

"Um, Tae?" Hoseok's voice breaks me out of my trance, as I slowly lift my head to look at him. I hum in response, waiting for him to continue.

"Did something happen between you and Jungkook?" he asks and I freeze, before shaking my head.

"Not really.. did he say something?" I ask, hopeful that maybe Jungkook mentioned me.

"No.. quite the opposite. He was just like how you are right now, completely out of it. He just kept poking at his pancakes, then abruptly stood up, leaving the dining room with his food untouched" Namjoon tells me, and I nod sadly.

"Oh" was all I managed to reply.

"So what are we doing today?" Hoseok asks, trying to change the subject as he saw me getting more and more depressed. Yoongi and Jimin look at each other at the question.

"I thought you told them" Jimin says, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I thought you were in charge of doing that" Yoongi retorts, looking as confused as Jimin was.

"Well" Jimin starts, looking at us as we stare at the two, equally confused.

"Seems there's been some miscommunication" Jimin continues, looking over at Yoongi.

"You don't say" Yoongi responds, his face mimicking the 'you don't say' meme.

"So are you guys going to fill us in or...?" Namjoon trails off.

"Jimin and I, we're going on a trip to the Bahamas" Yoongi informs, our eyes going wide in surprise. A 'clink' was all that sounded in the silent room as the fork drops from my hand.

"That's nice, when are you guys leaving?" Jin asks, being the only calm one as we were all shocked to the point of silence. He picks up his cup of coffee and takes a sip, waiting for their answer.

"In 10 minutes" Yoongi says, causing Jin to spit his drink out and cough profusely. Namjoon gently pats his boyfriend's back, looking at him with concern.

"And you didn't think to tell us?!" Jin exclaims once he recovers.

"I thought Jimin was going to" Yoongi says with a shrug, causing Jin to shake his head, rubbing his temples.