Chapter 25

Jimin's POV

Yoongi and I walk into the lounge, seeing Hoseok, Jin, Namjoon and Jungkook all sitting around playing on their phones. It's rare for all of us to be in the same room without prior announcement, but this is for the best.

"Guys" I call, and everyone stops what they were doing, slowly turning their eyes towards Yoongi and I. Their eyes all widen, probably at my puffy eyes. Jin runs up to me, and pulls me into a tight hug.

"What's wrong? Shouldn't you have left already?" Jin asks softly, causing me to sniffle and almost cry again.

I shake my head, "Taehyung..." I murmur, and Jungkook immediately stands up from the couch, quickly walking over to me and grabbing my arm.

"What about Taehyung? What happened? Is he okay?" he asks worriedly, and I shake my head again.

"Let's sit down first" Jin interrupts, guiding me towards the couch. He sits me down and takes a seat beside me, Yoongi sitting on my other side and taking my hand.

Jungkook stands in front of me, clearly impatient and waiting for me to answer.

"I'm not going to marry King Lee, it's been decided" I announce, and all their worried expression turn into happy ones.

Jin hugs me again, "That's great, Jimin! Did that jerk cancel all of a sudden?" Jin asks, and I shake my head.

I take a deep breath, "I'm not going to marry King Lee because.." I trail off, looking around at everyone to see their happy expressions turning back into one of concern.

"Because..?" Jungkook urges.

"Because Taehyung took my place. He's marrying King Lee" I rush out, all of their expressions turning into one of shock.

"W-What?" Jungkook and Hoseok mutter simultaneously, and I feel the tears well up in my eyes again.

"I'm sorry, it's all-" I pause, remembering Taehyung telling me that it wasn't my fault. How could it not be though? He went and married a monster just so Yoongi and I can be happy.

"It's not your fault, Jimin" Jin says, rubbing my arm as he shares a look with Namjoon.

Namjoon stands up, going over to Hoseok who was staring at the floor with a dazed look and puts a hand on his shoulder. I look up at Jungkook, Yoongi having already walked next to him and had a reassuring hand on his shoulder. The room was silent, no one uttering a word at the horrifying news.

"W-Why?" Jungkook chokes out, and I look up to see tears in his eyes. All our eyes widen, we've never seen Jungkook cry before, not even when his mother passed away.

"He left me a letter, saying that he did this for Yoongs and I. How he said our love doesn't come by often in couples, and that he's experienced a loveless marriage so he doesn't want that for me when I have Yoongi. And how he also did this for his own selfish reasons" I say, remembering the things Taehyung said in his letter.

"Loveless marriage... selfish reasons... is he talking about me...?" Jungkook mumbles, and I open my mouth to deny but Hoseok speaks up.

"No.. I think he's talking about his family" Hoseok voices, all of us looking at him.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asks, and Hoseok sighs.

"This should be Tae's story to tell, but you all deserve to know since this is what it's come to. I'm not sure he'd have ever told you otherwise," he says, and we all gather around him.

"Tae didn't have a good childhood, growing up" Hoseok starts, "His parents were constantly fighting, but they never divorced since they were both raised by single parents. They knew the pain of growing up without a mother or father figure, and they didn't want that for their children. Though, them fighting whenever they saw each other didn't make it much better"