Just then, his phone starts ringing. Benjamin sighs and pulls away. He looks down, seeing that his dad was calling. He looks up at Noah and then answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Son. I don't know who or what you think you are, but you need to answer your mother whenever she texts you. The next time you're doped up, or strung out because you can't decide to be a fucking adult for once, you will be fully accountable for it, you understand me?"

Benjamin gulps, "I was going to...I-I was just here with Noah...W-we were-".

"We're what? Noah doesn't mean dog shit when it comes to your mother! I don't give a fuck what you guys were doing, get your ass home now!"

His dad hangs up the phone and Benjamin slowly moves the phone from his ear. He looks over to Noah, "Uh...Can you take me home, please?"

Noah nods and starts the car. Benjamin smiles softly before looking out the window. He brings his hands up to his eyes to wipes the tears that were starting to form. He takes a deep shaky breath and shakes his head.

Noah reaches over, interlacing his fingers with Benjamin's. Benjamin smiles as Noah brings his hand up to kiss it once.

*
Noah walks into his house while on the phone with Elly. "They want your mother there? Fuck, compa...You're not finna do it are you?"

"Jazmyne really wants me to...Like really. And I don't wanna disappoint...But how the fuck am I supposed to ask my mom, the woman who literally hates my guts?"

Ana opens Elly's door and hums. "Ask me what?"

Elly looks up and sighs. "Nothing".

Ana shakes her head, "Tell me, Elenor. Now".

Elly rolls her eyes, "Jazmyne wants you to meet her parents Friday night over dinner. Their house".

"Hm". Ana smiles and nods, "Sure, actually, I will".

Elly furrows her brows, "What?"

Ana nods, "Mhm. Text her my number and have her parents text me. I'm going out again tonight, so...Find something in the fridge for dinner".

Ana then walks back out and Elly rolls her eyes. "I don't think this is gonna be a good thing".

Noah hums, "Me either. Why would she wanna meet her if she doesn't even like the fact that you're dating a female?"

"I-...I don't know, bro. Anyways...How's Benjamin doing?"

"Uh...He's definitely been better. His parents are being...Horrible. I mean totally unsupportive and just awful. They're making him feel worse which is the complete opposite of what he needs right now".

Elly nods, "I hate that. I hate that they feel like they have the right to be mean to him I mean...Everything he's been through? It sucks, so much".

Noah nods, "Yeah but...He's getting better. He told me he feels like he has gained some controls over his emotions and, he's trying really hard".

"That's good. I just hope he don't try and suppress everything he feels. That's when it becomes concerning, you know?"

"Mhm".

**

Jazmyne walks into her kitchen, smiling. Meech looks over, "Hey, Lil sis...What you so happy about?"

"Nothing. Where's mom and dad?"

"They had to run to the store real quick. They need shit for dinner".

Elijah and Korey walk into the kitchen together. "Hey, Jazzy. Woah...". Elijah walks over and looks down on her. "Is that a hickey".

Jazmyne reaches her hand up and covers her neck. "Uhm. No?"

The boys laugh at her and sit down. "Hey. So is Elly coming over for dinner? Mom and Dad have been bugging all weekend".

"I think so. I sent her moms' number to our mom. I hope it goes well".

Korey nods, "It will. Mom and Dad always love your girlfriends...Well except-".

Jazmyne nods, "Moving on".

Meech shrugs, "Don't be nervous, Jaz. We can tell you really like this girl. You're always talking about her and, you're face brightens up every time you see her".

Elijah nods, "Mhm. And we can tell she really likes you. That's a dark ass mark, sis".

Jazmyne giggles, "Shut up...Is it bad?"

**