Chapter 24: A Fight for What's Right!

Start from the beginning

"Because I definitely want to hurt you Champ," Raihan flatly said. His hand pushed Leon's face into the ground. "Now apologize."

"N-no," Leon said through gritted teeth. Raihan grinned and pushed Leon's face farther into the ground.

"Apologize."

"No."

Raihan lifted Leon's head and slammed him back into the ground.

"Apologize."

"No."

"Apologize."

"No."

"You have three seconds before I kill you, Champ," Raihan said, an eager grin across his face. It was as if he was enjoying what was going on. "3...2..1-"

"Okay, okay...let me up," Leon murmured. Raihan lifted Leon by his hair, and you noticed that Leon's nose was bloodied. His yellow eyes met yours. "Sorry Y/N."

You remained quiet as Raihan looked over at you.

"So, do you accept his apology Princess?" Raihan asked. He still had a grip on Leon's head.

"Y-yes! Now stop fighting!" You exclaimed.

Raihan nodded and released his grip on Leon's hair. After he dusted himself off, Raihan made his way over to you.

"See Princess? I told you. A little persuasion goes a long way," Raihan said, winking at you. Leon pulled himself into a sitting position and sighed, rubbing a hand across his bloodied nose.

"Raihan, you almost killed me," Leon said. He was strangely calm.

"Well it's your fault. Touching Princess is a death wish" Raihan explained. His tongue darted across the side of his mouth, effectively wiping away the blood. "Don't worry Champ, if you did happen to die, I would've taken your place as Champion."

"You two are the worst!!!" You exclaimed. "Why can't you just talk out your issues like normal people?!"

"Talking is overrated," Raihan flatly said. "Plus, doesn't actions speak louder than words?"

You smacked the back of Raihan's head, causing Leon to burst into laughter. When you moved over to Leon and smacked him too, Raihan laughed.

"See? Now you're talking Princess," Raihan said, laughing a little. You sighed and reached in your bag.

"I can't believe you two..." You murmured, pulling out a small napkin. You motioned for Raihan to move closer, and you gently wiped away the blood around his mouth.

"Aww, how sweet. I didn't know you cared~" Raihan teased. Your cheeks dusted pink as you continued to clean off his face.

"Of course I do. Stop being so rash," You murmured. After you finished with Raihan, you moved over to Leon. You pulled out a fresh napkin and placed it against his nose. Leon smiled brightly the entire time.

"How can you smile at a time like this?! Raihan nearly killed you!" You exclaimed.

"It was just a friendly brawl," Leon said. "Sorry Y/N. I kinda deserve this bloody nose."

Your eyes softened.

"It's alright. Just...be more careful, okay?"

"Okay~"

Leon pulled you into a warm hug and rested his head on your shoulder.

"Do you always have to hug me so tight?" You asked, your cheeks burning.

"Yep! I just want you all to myself," Leon murmured, holding you closer. "So I can hold you forever. And ever~"

"Y-you're too much..."

The sound of your ringtone went off and Toxel cried loudly soon after. Leon let you go and you sighed, carefully pulling Toxel out your bag.

"You...have a Toxel?" Leon asked. He noticed that you declined the call on your phone and gently swayed Toxel back and forth. "When did this happen?"

"Not too long ago. A lady gave him to me," You said, gently rubbing Toxel's head. When he dozed off you smiled. "Toxel is a bit more tame compared to Espurr."

"Great. At least you don't have another pokémon that's out to kill us," Raihan flatly said.

"Rude! Espurr is not out to kill you guys! He just...can't express himself?" You thought aloud.

"Well how about you have Espurr interact with other pokémon?" Leon suggested. "That way he'll understand how to act during certain situations."

"I already tried that. Espurr slapped Toxel into next week," You said.

"Oh. Well Toxel is a child. Perhaps a more mature pokémon would work? Like anyone on my team!" Leon suggested.

"Or my team," Raihan said.

"Or Suicune," You said. When both Leon and Raihan looked at you with raised eyebrows, you sweatdropped. "What? Suicune is mature!"

"Yeah...but Suicune seems to have a lot of pent-up aggression," Leon sheepishly said. "Perhaps a friendly interaction would be good for Suicune as well."

"It wouldn't hurt to try," Raihan said. "Goodra is friendly to everyone. I'm sure she can ease both Espurr and Suicune's questionable personalities."

"...What's...a Goodra?" You asked.

"All the more reason to do this," Raihan said, pulling out a single pokéball. "We need to get you accustomed to Galar's pokémon."

"Agreed! It's settled then!" Leon said, pulling a pokéball as well.

"Wait, what?! We're doing this now?! What about my battle against Nessa?!"

"I'm sure Nessa can hold out, Princess."

~

65k reads! Thanks! I have nothing else to say so I guess I can ask: How are you all doing?