3. Sonny :: Need A Place To Hide, But I Can't Find One Near

Start from the beginning

The doctor advised on less requirements for the boy. Maybe the ease of pressure would end the headaches. They didn't, not completely, and if anything, it only drove Sonny closer to the brink of insanity.

Sonny was bored all the time. Everything about the band was his world and constantly being told "Sit this one out" because "You've recorded enough for today. Get some sleep" was like telling a kid no more chocolate covered caramels after he had one and there's still fifty three sweets sitting in the glass bowl on the coffee table. But he hadn't had an episode in a little under three weeks now, so the boys saw it as a win even if his headaches weren't gone completely.

"I'm going stir crazy, Andrew," Sonny whined, looking at his blonde friend on an upside down angle while he hung his head off the end of the bed. "I know for certain I have a scene Conner still wants to film. Please, may I meet the rest of the lads where they are already at work and join in?"

"You're not in agonizing pain. How about we keep it that way, you freak. I let you stay out late last night recording with the rest of the band under the precondition that you would take today as a rest day." Sonny knew making that deal would bite him in the butt. But he had been fully banking on it slipping everyone's minds. He was wrong. "If I'm waiting to get all my filming done until tomorrow, so are you."

"You're only waiting because you want to babysit me," Sonny argued as he watched Andy exit his room, leaving the curly haired boy to his devices and his boredom.

"I'm walking to the hallway, mate. I can't hear you." Andy's voice echoed back to his room.

"You're ruining my life." Sonny let out an exasperated sigh following his sentence, to which he most definitely received an off camera eye roll for his dramatics.

"You're ruining my life, Dad!" Andy mocked in return, imitating one of an angsts teenager. It was a tactic used often by the boy because he knew Sonny in his teenage years and with the all black clothes plus multiple face piercings, he was most definitely a bit of an emo. Ironic considering Sonny's most worn article of clothing these days is a pink, fuzzy, oversized hoodie.

Sonny mindlessly scrolled through Instagram, liking various band appreciating photos that he was tagged in, when his thumb paused above something that made his stomach drop. It was another one of those comparison posts about him and his predecessor, Mikey Cobban. "Mikey was a bass. He added so much to the band. Sonny brings a stupid face and previous relations with Andy to the band. How does that compare?" it read.

Reading hate was something never advised. It always messes with your mind. But he couldn't stop. He became so absorbed in the negative comments spitballing at him. Right as he felt the waterworks in the process of developing from the hurt he felt, a pain sprung out that was worse than a broken heart. What came as a surprise was how much worse this episode was compared to the previous two times his headaches were at their peak.

Sonny was intent on waiting this out. But his breath was taken away the moment his eyes scanned the room. He was surrounded by something unreal. Practically everything in the room from the dresser to his shoes, were floating at various heights in the air. Each one had a crimson glow glazing over the object. He didn't get much time to analyze what was happening because the headache quickly directed all thought to it. He did what he felt was his only option and called for the one other person in the house.

Andy could tell by the strain in the voice uttering his name that Sonny was struggling once more. How? They'd been monitoring the boy so carefully as to prevent any stress induced discomfort. This would have to be solved. But first, he must deal with the boy. He had expected to see his long time friend with his knees to his chest and his tormented head in his hands. There was no way for him to have anticipated such an unrealistic state that the bedroom was currently in.