B.B.B. (Best Button Buddy) (Part 2)

Back in Techno Reef, Trollex and TBDB were talking about how the party should go. They both agreed that they would end the show with one of their favorite songs. But which one?

Trollex told his friend, "What I think we should do is for our turn, we play that song we played before we met Queen Barb. You know, 'One More Time'?"

TBDB clearly didn't like the idea, "Now way! At that time, she destroyed part of our home, took our string, and kidnapped us!"

Trollex just replied, "I know, but if that hadn't happened, we wouldn't have found out about the other Troll tribes and we certainly wouldn't have realized that music came from inside us."

TBDB still didn't agree, "Say what you want, but for me, the song is just a reminder about how we nearly lost our music. I say we play that song for the annual coral bloom."

Trollex looked at him and said, " But, that's one of our songs without lyrics. I don't think we should copy the Classical Trolls' style of playing without lyrics, just for this party."

TBDB still insisted, "I don't think they would mind, and besides, I don't think we need to remind our people of what some Trolls did by playing the song we were playing at the time."

Trollex then asked, "What are you talking about? It's really only a song. It's no big deal. And besides, the past is in the past; it's not like it's gonna happen again by playing the same song."

TBDB asked, "If it's not a big deal, then why don't we play the song I suggested? Huh? Huh?"

Trollex just asked in a harsh tone, "TBDB, what is your problem?"

TBDB's response was, "My problem is that my best friend wants to play a song that is a reminder of utter destruction!"

Trollex then angrily said, "Well, I'm not just your best friend; I'm also the King! And this King says that we are playing 'One More Time' to remind our people not of destruction, but of how we found out about the existence of other Trolls."

TBDB shouted, "Fine! Then don't expect me to be on the DJ set when 'your' turn comes up!"

Trollex shouted, "Fine! I don't need you! I'll find some other way to drop the beat!"

Then they both just swam away from each other.

Bliss Marina saw the whole thing, but wasn't sure of what to do next.

***

It was the day of the party in honor of Trollex and TBDB's long-lasting friendship.

In Pop Village, Poppy and Branch were finishing loading up the submarines to head to Techno Reef.

Branch walked up to her, "OK, the other subs have been delivered to the other Troll kingdoms along with their helmets and floaties and I'm sure they've gotten everything they need for this party."

Poppy replied, "Great, Branch, I'm sure that this will be one of the greatest parties in the history of Trolls!"

***

In every kingdom of Trollstopia, everyone had received the subs Branch sent out, along with the helmets and floaties to help them with partying under the sea.

They all knew thought for sure nothing would go wrong at this party.

***

All of the subs had arrived in the same field of seaweed where Trollex and TBDB found each other near Techno Reef. King Trollex was by himself without TBDB, who was just floating at the side, waiting to greet the other leaders.

Bliss Marina then swam up to him and asked, "Trollex, how do you plan on performing your song without TBDB? Without him, you can't drop the beat."

Trollex answered, "I'll come up with something. I'm not performing with a stubborn Button."

The subs opened and every Troll on board had their helmets and floaties on and started setting up their instruments in front of Trollex's DJ booth.

Poppy swam up to Trollex , "Trollex! My man! You excited for this party?"

Trollex unenthusiastically replied, "Yeah. I sure am."

Barb noticed TBDB wasn't with him, "Dude, where's the Button?"

Trollex just said, "Oh, I'm sure he's around."

The Funk family could clearly tell something was wrong.

Queen Essence asked, "What's wrong? We hardly ever see you two apart."

Prince D added, "Yeah, man. And this party is to remind everyone of that."

Trollex angrily answered, "I don't want to talk about it. Just know that when it's my turn to play, I'll happily be doing it myself."

All of the leaders gasped.

Delta Dawn asked him, "But, sugar, how are you gonna enjoy this celebration of your friendship without each other? And don't you need him to 'drop the beat'?"

Trollex replied, "That's pretty simple; We celebrate it alone with everyone else. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to find a substitute for dropping the beat."

Trollex then swam away leaving the other leaders confused.

Trollzart broke the silence, "Wow. A celebration of their friendship and they're not even talking to each other."

Bliss Marina thought the leaders might help with the situation, so she swam up to them and told them what happened.

Barb asked, "So, they went their separate ways...over a song?"

Poppy thought about it and said, "I can't help but feel like it's deeper than that. Not to Trollex, but to TBDB. But, I've got plan that'll fix everything."