Chummy Sparklestone (Part 2)

Everyone was at Branch's bunker.

"So, Chummy, back before I rejoined Troll society, I used to be a bit of a...um-"

Poppy answered, "Paranoid recluse?"

Smidge added, "Cantankerous hermit?"

Guy finished with, "Lonely malcontent?"

D then said, "Otherwise known as guy who made bad life decisions?"

Branch just stared at them and said, "What have you. Point is, I used to set traps in my bunker."

Branch unloads a sackful of bear traps. Everyone shouts.

"You know, in case someone broke in. But...one of them is unaccounted for."

Everyone else huddled together.

"Unaccounted for?"

"Oh my guh! It could be anywhere!"

Branch tried to reassure them.

"You guys, it's fine. The chance that it would go off accidentally is next to zero."

A fly barely touched a bear trap before it went off. Everyone shouted again.

Trollex said, "When you said 'next to zero', did you mean next to a one and another zero?"

Branch chuckled nervously then turned to Cooper, "Please help me."

Cooper got to it, "Well, this is barely a mystery at all. It's solution is practically written on the wall. With one glance at these rations, I can tell you're a very practical Troll. A cautious Troll. But, what would a Troll like that be doing with such a prominently placed whimsical cookie jar? Unless it was...*shatters cookie jar to reveal missing bear trap*...a trap!"

Everyone gasped and cheered.

"Wow, what a solve!"

Cooper finished with, "This case is frosted." Cooper then hands Smidge a parfait.

"Parfait? Nice!"

Poppy told everyone else,"You know, I can't wait for Cooper to come back, but while Chummy's here, he could be very helpful."

***

Poppy is with Cooper at every mystery.

In Pop Village...

"The case of the Wandering Walking stick..."

***

In Lonesome Flats...

"...the Begone Banjo..."

***

In Vibe City...

"...the Truant Trombone..."

***

In Techno Reef...

"...the Buried Button..."

***

In Volcano Rock City...

"...the Glossed Over Guitar..."

***

Finally, in Symphonyville...

"...the Veiled Violin...is frosted."

***

Back in Pop Village, everyone from every tribe gathered around to celebrate Cooper's mystery solving.

Poppy made her speech with her father, "On behalf of all of Trollstopia, I want to thank you for solving so many nagging mysteries, most of which were considered unsolvable. So, we'd like to give you a rare treat."

Peppy unveiled the treat, "My famous secret ingredient upside-down cake."

Everyone cheered as the Fuzzlings served every Troll a piece, but Cooper had more than the cake on his mind.

"Secret ingredient? We'll just see about that."

He took a bite and then gasped.

"The ingredient is...black jellybeans!"

Everyone dropped their plates, gasped with horror, and spit out the cake.

"Nobody likes black jellybeans!"

"They're disgusting!"

King Peppy tried to apologize, "I'm sorry. But, you can barely taste them."

Keith appeared from the crowd, "We believed in you. Trolls, we out."

As everyone turned and left with disappointed looks on their faces, King Peppy cracked under the guilt, "Wait! No!"

Poppy then turned towards Cooper, "Cooper, you weren't supposed to share that with anyone."

Cooper didn't seem sorry, "Well, I'm sure this Cooper fellow feels very bad for whatever HE did, but Chummy Sparklestone will not rest until EVERY mystery is solved This case is frosted."

Cooper then launched a catapult of ice cream onto Smidge.

"Ice Cream!"

After Cooper left the stage, Poppy turned to her fellow rulers, "I can't help but feel that I might've spoken too soon when I said Chummy could be very helpful."

Prince D agreed, "Yeah, my brother may have taken things too seriously sometimes, but that's better than what's happening now."

Trollzart asked, "So, what do we do?"

Poppy replied, "I guess all we can do is hope that our Cooper comes back sooner than we think."

Trollex said, "Let's hope it does come sooner than we think because frankly, I have a really bad feeling about Chummy Sparklestone solving more than just mysteries of missing items."