Ch. 6: The Doctor visit...

Beginne am Anfang

            “Please, let at least one of my brothers come with us.  That’s all I’m asking you.”

            “You’ll be fine.”

            Alex stands up, “Are we done now so I can go eat.”

            Denise sighs, “Yes.”

            Alex walks off and back to the table.

            “What happened?” Nick asked.

            Alex shakes her head no.

            Joe’s jaw dropped.  “You’re staying?”

            “No, mom has setup an appointment for me to go see the doctor.  Surprisingly it’s just Rob, dad, and I going.”

            “What?” Kevin asked shocked.

            “What about us?” Nick asked.

            “Mom and dad said that I don’t need you around.”

            “Alex…” Joe started.

            “I know.  I asked if one of you can go, but mom said no.  Even dad.”

            They ate their breakfast in silence.

~*~*~*~

            Soon, Alex, Paul, and Rob went to the office that Denise called, and went they got there, Alex was nervous, until she saw the name on the office door.  She then smiled.

            “What’s your problem?” dad asked.

            Rob saw the name, “Wow, never thought that Denise would call him.”

            “I know right,” Alex smiled and went up to the counter with Paul right behind her.

            “May I help you?” a nurse asked.

            “Yes, my daughter is for an appointment that my wife Denise called in,” Paul told her.

            “Okay, have your daughter fill out the forms, and Dr. Williams will be with you in a few minutes.”

            Alex smiled taking the clipboard.  “Thank you Heather.”

            “You’re welcome.”

            Alex goes over and fills out the papers, and then soon, the door opens up.

            “Ms. Jonas,” he said reading some papers, and then looked up.  “Alex?”

            Paul looks up, “You.”

            Alex smiled at her friend Brennan, “I would’ve never thought that mom would’ve called you.”

            “Well, you know me, I learned almost everything.”

            “Wonderful,” dad sighed as Rob chuckles, and looks at him.  “What’s so funny?”

            “Did you not see the pile of chips that fell off your daughters shoulders at the front door?  You might want to go pick them up.” Rob asked.

            Paul didn’t say anything, and they got into the room.

~*~*~*~

            After they all sat down in the exam room and Brennan looks at Alex’s cuts on her wrists and heard the whole story of what started it, he made some notes.