Ch. 18: Peace/Love

AN: Just a quick update... have stuff to do... Homework do tomorrow and Wednesday...

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 18

            Back inside, Nick was walking toward Jen.

            “Hey baby,” Nick said to Jen and kissing her forehead.

Jen could tell he was tense, so she took his chin in her hand. “What’s the matter Nicky?” she asked.

“Just everyone bringing up our past and what happened last time.  They are all angry about last night.  Taking off like that, but everyone was so angry.  I just wanted to give them time.”

“Do you want me to go, sweetie,” she asked.

“NO!” he said, “They are just gonna have to accept that we are together again.”

“I don’t wanna cause any trouble baby,” she said.

“Your not,” he said. “They are. Especially Alex, I don’t know what her problem is?”

“Big sister protecting baby brother,” she said to him and kissed him.  “Don’t worry about her.”

He kissed her back, “I can’t… she’s my sister.  I hate the fact she’s so angry.  I just wish she could see how happy you make me.  I haven’t felt this happy in a long time.”

“Well, don’t worry about her, just focus that I’m here and that is all that matters.”

He smiled, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her lips. “I really should go, I have sound check,” he said against the kiss.

“Can I come?” she smiled.

“Of course, darlin’,” he said kissing her again, “You can get front row seats.”

He took her hand, and they walked to the stage for sound check.

He helped her down to the front row, on his side of course, kissed her lips then ran up to his spot, strapping on his guitar as Joe and Kevin walked in, glaring at him.

Then they noticed Jen in the front row, “Nick this is a closed rehearsal,” Joe said.

“What’s your point?” Nick asked.

“You know that during sound check it’s private.  No one is aloud to be in the crowd on near the stage except the stage crew and us the band,” Kevin told him.

            “She’s fine you guys,” Nick said.  “Derek and Danielle are in here all the time lately, so just back off.”

Joe and Kevin get ready, as they get into place and before the band started, Nick felt his inner ear be taken out.

“Oh, just so you know… Alex tried to cut herself again,” he told him.

“What?!?!” Nick said now panicking looking at them, “When?  Why?”

“Because of dad,” he said and the music started.

“Wait, dammit, stop the music,” Nick said cutting everyone off, which the band stops.  “What about Dad?  Yelling at her because of her skipping out on us?”

“That and you.  You two were supposed to talk and you just blow her off.  She was trying to be nice to you Nick,” Kevin told him.  “And Dad’s so mad at her because of messing all of us up when she didn’t know what she did.”

“Well, I need to go talk to her now,” he said taking off his guitar.

“No, we do this, then you can,” Joe told him.  “Alex has agreed to do what she was suppose to due last night.”