Ch. 30: Just Dance with Me...

AN: Hey everyone... posted early since I am going to be SUPER busy... finals and homework, papers due in two weeks... SO... here is the next update... mostly it's dances with Alex, and her family in a way saying goodbye...

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 30

Paul Sr. walks over to Alex.  “Could I have my father/daughter dance?” he asked.

Alex tried not to cry as she took his hand and he helps her up and they go to the middle of the dance floor as the DJ told the guests that it was time for the father/daughter dance, and the music played Heartland, ‘I Loved Her First’.

“I love you daddy,” she whispered.

Paul smiled, “I love you too baby girl.  I’m sorry that your mother and I gave you up for adoption; I regretted doing it when your mother found out that she was pregnant with Kevin.  She never told me until that day the papers were final.  I wish that she’d stopped them from signing it.  But they loved you so much; it would’ve broken our hearts if we took you away from them.”  He let the tears fall, “Then thirteen years later you write your first letter.  I was so happy that you were alive and doing well.  I knew that we’d see you again.”  Paul smiles, “Then, two years ago you come into our lives again.  I’m so happy that you’re back home with us, and your brothers opened their arms to welcome you into our family.”  He kissed her forehead.  “I know that you’re leaving again, but at least we have a daughter and sister back, with a new son-in-law.  And you know our home is your home.”

“I know daddy,” she said, “I’m glad to be home and just think in a couple years you may have a grandbaby.”

He smiled, “That would be wonderful.”

As the song ended he kissed her hand and forehead again and she smiled again at him as he left and she walked over to the DJ and grabbed the microphone, “Before my brothers and I have our dances, I’d like my mom and dad to come out here and I’d like to sing something for my mom.”

Denise and Paul looked a little confused, but she sat on a stool in her wedding dress, Derek by her side and just started to sing, ‘Mama’s Song’ by Carrie Underwood.

            She sang while she watched her mom and dad dance together.

            After the song her mom comes over to hug her and kiss her cheek.  “Thank you.”

            “You’re welcome mom.”

            After Denise and Paul went back to their seats Kevin walks up to Alex and taps her on the shoulder softly, “My turn?”

“Of course,” she smiled and looked at the DJ, “Kevin’s song.”

"Got it," he smiled.

As they walked out onto the dance floor, Kevin held her close to him, and Rascall Flatts ‘My Wish’ started to play.

“I’m gonna miss you Alexis,” he said.

She smiled, “I’m going to miss you Kevy.”

“Just promise me something,” he said his voice quivering.

“What?” she asked worried about her little brother.

            “That you won’t disappear again,” he said, “That we’ll still be important to you.”

“Oh, Kevin,” she smiled.  “You are all important to me.  I know that it was hard these last two years.  The show, my album, and my jaw.  I’ll never stop talking to you guys.  Maybe when I’m on my honeymoon I can’t call.  Surprisingly Derek still won’t tell me where we are going…”  She stares into his eyes.  “But I’ll always be here Kevin,” she touches his heart.  “And you’ll be right here,” she showed him her wrist that had his locket necklace on.