Part 20~Her Rumors~

"You never heard a gorgan?" The soft voice asked as Ale turned his head in confusion to her voice.

"No...What are they? Some kind of animal?"

"No their hideous monsters! My Papa is the leader of the guards for our village and said a night or two ago my uncle went missing"

"Oh...huh well its just me my mother and aunts"

"Well...who are they? We never heard of people out in theses lands. In fact most warriors come out here"

"Ma always told me a lot of villagers won't understand my blindness...and many will only take advantage. You won't do that right? Your just a kid?" He moved a palm reaching the girl's hair. Slightly taller as he reached a soft curve of her cheek.

The girl held her ground as the boy's blue eyes stared downward as his hand lowered to her chin. The smooth curve of her chin and soft touch of her lips made the boy blush slightly.

Moving to her round nose he moved his fingers as the girl looked in confusion.

"What was that? A greeting or something? Why is your face red!?"

"It's how I learned to 'see' people....I know it's strange but my mother taught me" 

"Well you still never answered my question...who are your family? And where's your dad?"

"Oh...um...I don't really know...Ma just raises me she never told me her name...speaking of your father is calling you" Ale smirked slightly.

"No he isn-"

"Arina! Arina lets go!"

Her eyes narrowed at the grinning boy before crossing her arms"Whatever...but before I go what your name? Maybe we can go to the stream and get acquainted tommorow" The girl asked moving around him.

"Ale and sure but you will have to lead me back home my mother would be furious if I missed supper" Ale offered a smile getting one in return.

"Alright be here at the same sun light" With that she hurried off to her father's voice.

Ale smiled before turning his stick to the nearby bush. Giving a couple of pokes he sighed and finished picking the berries.