Chapter One- Lilly:

Well, even though it was raining, I enjoyed it. Rain was, to me, is a small shower without getting undressed and having all the shampoo. In case you’re wondering, I’m walking to the store to get some produce and things I need at the house. Thankfully, it’s only sprinkling instead of pouring down, that way my groceries don’t get soaked on the way back.

The automatic doors opened up and I walked in. Normal people were walking around, sometimes glancing at me as I passed. Mentally, I remembered what I needed: Milk, fish, hamburger, noodles, and then some fruit and vegetables. Classic list, right? But it helped me.

Although I may be orphaned since last year, I’m doing pretty good on my own, if I do say so myself. Might I be normal is a curse to me. Where I live is a small apartment that I pay for with my job at a flower store. Quite ironic since my name is Lilly.

When I paid the clerk, I thanked him and walked out back into the rain. It was getting heavier, strangely. This weathers’ been going on even before I woke up at six this morning and it was seven in the afternoon now. Why I’m shopping at a time like this, I still ponder.

As I walked down the sidewalk, I noticed a black car following me. Then it really began to pour so I quickened my step. Rip my bag broke. The contents spilled out, all except the milk that I had in my separate hand.

For once, I didn’t like the rain. I kneeled down and began to pick most of it up before a hand touched my shoulder.

A soft voice asked, “Do you need help with that?”

I looked up and saw a guy near my age looking down at me. He had wet, blonde hair, blue eyes and I kind smile. Strangely, he looked oddly familiar.

“Y--Yes, please.” I offered, bowing my head.

He helped me clean up my groceries and he led me to the black car that had been following me.

“Need a ride home?” he asked again, turning around to look at me.

“Please.” I answered.

While he opened the door, he put the groceries he picked up in the trunk and then sat down beside me, asking, “Where do you live?”

“At the Thunder Hill apartments.” I shyly replied.

Then he told the driver up front, “Tamaki, go to the Thunder Hill apartments.”

The driver didn’t say a word as they drove me home. On the way, the boy introduced himself, “I’m Allen.”

Smiling, I told him my name as well, “I’m Lilly. Nice to meet you Allen.”

He began laughing.

“What?” I asked, eager to know.

He began to slow down and explained, “Your smile, it’s so cute.”

I felt my face flush red, then I looked away in embarrassment. This was a first. Isn’t he in my grade?

“Here we are.” Tamaki said, parking in one of the spots. I quickly got out, grabbing the things I received from the store and walked inside, going upstairs to the third floor and room number 314.

Jangling my keys, I finally got the door to open without dropping the objects in my arms. When I got inside, I closed the door with my foot and set the groceries on the counter lightly.

Soon, I had them each organized and set where they needed to be. Thankfully, the cans hadn’t cracked, but instead, dented. Those needed to be eaten soon. Where was the fish and milk? Oh no, did I leave them in Allen’s car?

That was when I heard the knocking. I ran to answer it when it opened on its own and smacked me in the face. I fell down, rubbing my nose and looked up. Allen stood there with wide blue eyes as he saw me down on the ground.

Carefully, he set the other groceries on the counter and went to help me up. “Thank you.” I mumbled.

“No problem.” he answered, smiling, which made me smile in return. “Hey, Lilly. Spring break’s almost here so I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach when it does come?”

Now that took me by surprise. I just met him and now he wanted me to go to the beach with him? Am I nuts? No, but will I decline? No! “I would be honored!”

Allen came close to my face. “Good.” he said with a smile. “I’ll pick you up after school when the bell sounds to be let off for break.”

Again, my face flushed and I nodded, not wanting my voice to crack up. Allen chuckled and left after that. When I got my bearings again, I got the rest of the groceries put away and then read a book, but couldn’t pay attention to any of the words so I tried to go to bed. He was on my mind and I couldn’t sleep.

My alarm was set and I stared at the ceiling for a long time, my cheeks blushing on and off until I could finally go to sleep.

Next day, I woke up to the alarm going off, which was new to me, and I quickly got in the schedule of things. I made a quick breakfast of an omelet then grabbed my school supplies and headed out the door, locking it behind me. Thankfully, I didn’t forget the key.

When I go to school, I walk to school. Nobody really walked with me until the corner of the street I’m going to turn on. Yep, my three best friends were waiting for me, Monique, Jessie, and Cindy. They all waved at me and I waved back, almost tripping over a crack in the sidewalk.

“Spring break’s tomorrow!” Jessie squealed excitedly. She had brown hair, like me, with green eyes and a hard laughing personality that made everyone want to join in.

Monique groaned, “Stop squealing! God, you’re the number one top female squealer in the world!” Monique had dark brown hair with dark eye and had a creepy world, but very well to get along with. She may act mature, but under it all is five decades worth of immaturity.

Jessie began laughing out loud while Cindy hugged me in the arm. “I missed you! How was work?” Cindy had light brown hair and blue eyes with a very kind personality.

“Boring as usual.” I replied. They all smiled, and we walked to school together.

Nobody came to meet me out front, which meant that Savannah wasn’t here today. Sadness washed over me, but the only person who noticed was Cindy who freaked out.

“Oh, my gosh, Lilly, what’s wrong?” she exclaimed without realizing how embarrassing that was.

“Nothing, Cindy, just chill out.” I replied, bonking her on the head lightly.

Classes were pretty normal, except that I felt I was being watched the entire time. When I looked, everyone had their head down to work on whatever we were just assigned to.

But school ended and I had to go to work. The walk there was short and I quickly put on my uniform. People were already beginning to pile in and ask for tips or different types of flowers.

It wasn’t until after work at eight thirty that I felt I was being watched again. I turned around and saw a dark haired boy looking at me from across the street. When a car went by, he was gone.

“Huh?” I questioned.

“’Huh’? what?” a voice said to the left of me, making me jump in surprise.

I turned around and saw Allen waiting there with a smile on his face. “Off work?”

“Of course.”

“Spring break’s tomorrow, still want to go to the beach?”

“Yes!” I quickly answered.

“Then see you tomorrow.” Allen bid, turning and waving behind him, walking toward the black car waiting near the pizza place.

What’s he trying to get at? And who was that boy across the street?