Chapter Thiry-One- Rin:

Dex. Dex. Dex. Dex. Where, oh, where did he go again? I’m outside of the Hatori household. Dex doesn’t seem to be here because I sense only Hatori, Carol, and Allen. No Lilly, Dex, or Hikaru…

I got up from my hiding place behind the bushes. Such a cliché, I know, but other than a tree, which they have none in their front yard, I don’t hide very well with my white hair. Very opposite from Dex’s.

Dex. Dex. Dex. Where? Woods, maybe?

Wait. What’s that sound? A car… Someone’s coming home… Must hide. I snaked through into the edge of the woods, peeking out. William pulled up and Lilly hopped out, thanking the Boar before he screeched away. Ouch, my ears.

Lilly looked at the house before at the woods. It seemed like she was looking straight at me, but her eyes glistened to another place, letting me relax for a second. Lilly walked in the woods, fearless by the looks of her, that it was getting dark.

Something’s not right… I followed her.

She stopped at a lake with a waterfall connected to it. How come I couldn’t hear that earlier? And, and, I smell Dex. Fresh too… Hmmm…

Lilly looked around before going in the water, diving below the surface. Where she would resurface, I have no way of knowing. Unless I followed her…

Morphing out of my hiding spot, I sank below the waves and the water was cold! Jeez! But, I see Lilly. There. She’s headed toward the waterfall. I swam after her as she reached a cave behind the pounding water.

I hear nothing, so I peek out from the bubbling water and hear a yell. I look up calmly and saw Lilly looking down at me with a blank expression and there was Dex with a frightened expression, one arm up like he was blocking a move.

“Gah! What the hell, Lilly! You brought Rin here?!” Dex exclaimed, staring at Lilly.

“What?” she asked. “I want to see something. Come out of there, Rin.”

My eyes formed slits. I didn’t exactly trust Lilly. She was taking Dex away from me. But I carefully got out and noticed the air cold as well. Dex was about to snap and Lilly was looking at me up and down.

Then I began to feel drowsy. My thoughts became slow and I shook my head. Somewhere in my head, something clicked as to explain what Lilly was doing and why she was doing this. However, I dismissed it, not knowing that she had actually planned this.

I heard screaming, probably Dex at Lilly. Oh well… I’d like to take a nap now… I slumped to the floor and became unconscious.

“Rin?” someone from the other world called to me. “Riiiin. You okay? I didn’t mean to get you unconscious…”

Lilly? Is that who that was? I opened my eyes and sure enough two bright blue eyes were staring at me. Larger than usual. Great. Now that dismissed thought came back.

She led me into the freezing water and into the even colder cave to see my Zodiac… Smart one, Lilly. But, why?

Dex was standing beside her with his arms crossed. “Nice going, Lilly. You could’ve just thrown her back into the water.”

“You know I couldn’t do that, Dex.” she said without taking her eyes off me.

Dex leaned down and picking me up by a part of my middle. He lifted me until his face within an inch of my snout. “I still think you’re albino.”

“My eyes would be pink.” I hissed, sticking my forked tongue out as the ‘s’ past through.

“I know that, but you’re so white.” Dex sighed.

“Just like Cindy’s Zodiac!” Lilly exclaimed.

Cindy! That traitor of a cat! Never trust the cat… God… Why is Lilly hanging out with the reject of the Zodiac when she could be hanging out with Carol, Caitlin, or Allen. Not Dex. Never Dex. Dex is mine…

Dex turned to her. “When did you see Cindy’s Zodiac?”

“Today.” Lilly explained. “I went to her house while you were in the woods and I visited. She was sick and was in her Cat appearance.”

“That explains things.” I hissed again.

“Aw, shut it, Rin.” Dex snapped, shaking me a little. “Just wait till you go human again.”

“Why?”

“I’m deleting your memory.”

“Of what?”

“My cave.” he glared at me.

That glare actually hurt. He didn’t set me down and when I popped back, he put his palm, which was quite warm, against my forehead and everything went blank again.

“--Stop doing that!” I heard a new voice chime in. Hatori? Or Allen? “You’re going to give someone brain damage!”

“Shut it, Hikaru! I did the same thing years ago and she’s fine!” Dex countered.

“Well, she’s not a Zodiac, is she?” Hikaru whined.

My head was pounding so I leaned up. Someone was behind me instantly, holding my shoulders.

“Rin? You okay?” Lilly asked.

Huh? “Oh, yeah.” I groaned. “What are they fighting about?”

“Dex’s memory loss ability.”

“Who’d he use it on this time?” I asked.

She didn’t answer and I didn’t push the matter. All I remember is waiting outside of Hatori’s house, then I winded up here in Snake form and now this. Wonder what happened… Oh well. At least it didn’t involve much of me.