Chapter Sixteen- Allen:

Out of the people who went to the zoo, I’m the one that nearly got the most angry. Even beyond Dex’s anger levels. No, I had birds follow me everywhere! I hate going out in public in the open because that’s what happens. Why did Hatori have to go to the zoo?

But now I’m in my room, figuring out something to do. It’s only six in the afternoon. I just can’t think. How about another round of Sorry? No, Dex would flip out at Hikaru for another round.

I went to go downstairs the door opened on its own and got me in the nose like it does Lilly every now and again. I kept standing and just rubbed my nose to see who suddenly wanted to come in.

Hikaru had tears in his eyes. That’s a first. “Allen!” he cried. “I’m so bored!”

“You don’t think I am?” I replied. He leaned on me and cried some more. Why me? “What do you want to do?”

He stopped crying for a second, leaned up, put a finger on his chin and looked upward at the ceiling saying, “Mmmmmm…”

This can’t be good.

“An exploration!” he said suddenly, pointing his finger at the ceiling, and with a dumb look on his face. Yeah. Can’t be good in my book.

I rolled my eyes. “Hikaru, we already know the area, so why do you want to explore it?”

“I meant go explore the areas we haven’t visited.” he said as-a-matter-of-fact. “Besides, Lilly don’t know the area either.”

“Fine. Where do you think we should go?”

“Try and figure out where Dex gets to at night!”

“Why would you want to know where I go at night, dog?” Dex sounded from the door, opening it slowly. “I heard everything before you ask. I was bored out of my mind as well.”

Lilly came up behind him. “What are we doing?”

So this is how bored everyone gets during the weekend. Oh, God. And why am I stuck in the middle?

Hatori appeared behind Lilly. “Hope you guys aren’t causing mayhem, being in the same room and all.”

Dex shooed the tiger away and led Lilly in.

Anyone else while we’re at it? “I hope you’re not doing anything weird to Lilly up there!” Carol yelled. Of course. Forgot she was here.

Everyone but Dex was looking at me. Dex didn’t want his secret base found most likely. I thought about how happy that this would make Hikaru happy and cure all our boredness.

Hikaru even got on his knees and began begging. How dumb could this dog be? Lilly was looking at Hikaru with a surprised expression, Dex had that annoyed look on his face and the dog had wide eyes and looking at me expectantly.

Sighing, I agreed. “Fine.”

Hikaru jumped up and threw his hands in the air then turned around and hugged Lilly. Dex and I snapped at him while Lilly smiled and petted Hikaru while he wagged his tail.

“Exploration! Exploration! Exploration!” he yipped. Then he turned to Dex. “Where’s your hide-out?”

“Like I’d tell you!” Dex growled at him. He turned and left the room and walked outside as far as I know because the front door slammed shut.

Lilly got up and Hikaru popped back, got dressed and followed Dex out. He quickly came back with a sad expression. “I lost him.”

“Don’t you have a freaking nose?” I asked him, grabbing shoes.

He looked like he had an epiphany. Dumb dog. Don’t even know he had a nose. Yeesh. He left and waited for me at the front door. Lilly was there too.

We left to go to the woods. Hikaru was bounding every which way and I began to wonder if he was even using his sense of smell. He stopped all of a sudden and we all stopped with him.

Hikaru turned his head one direction, looking in the distance. His head was perked and I wonder if he was using anything of his dog traits. I found out when he suddenly ran in the direction of where he was looking.

“H--Hikaru!” I called after him. “Wait!”

Lilly and I followed him. Soon, I began to hear a soft sound that roared through the woods. I didn’t know that they were found in these parts. I ran faster and soon I saw Hikaru splashing through a small pool with a small waterfall that made it happen.

The dog was swimming with his clothes on. Why does he do that? He hugs Lilly without question, yet he doesn’t take off his clothes any other time. He must be on something.

I didn’t see Dex anywhere. Lilly was looking around with awe. Nothing was present but the waterfall and Hikaru, woods and then here comes the birds. Great.

We stayed here a while to calm down and not even try and look for Dex, which was fine. I stayed on dry land, Hikaru finally got down in his swimming gear and continued splashing around.

Lilly was… Lilly was… I looked around. Where was Lilly?