Epilogue-Lilly:

Seven years later, I was shopping in the rain. Well, even though it was raining, I enjoyed it. Rain was, to me, a small shower without getting undressed and having all the shampoo. I’m walking to the store to get some produce and things I need at the house. Thankfully, it’s only sprinkling instead of pouring down, that way my groceries don’t get soaked on the way back.

The automatic doors opened up and I walked in.

I have been on my own since seven years ago. I think I lived with a household before that, but now I‘m here, I’m doing pretty good on my own, if I do say so myself. Might I be normal is a curse to me. Where I live is a small apartment that I pay for with my job.

When I paid the clerk, I thanked him and walked out back into the rain. It was getting heavier, strangely. This weathers’ been going on even before I woke up at eight this morning and it was six in the afternoon now. This is the usual time I go shopping now.

As I walked down the sidewalk, I noticed a black shadow following me. Then it really began to pour so I quickened my step. Rip my bag broke. The contents spilled out. “Oh, great…” For once, I didn’t like the rain. I kneeled down and began to pick most of it up before a hand touched my shoulder.

A rough, yet soft voice asked, “Do you need help with that?”

I looked up and saw a guy near my age looking down at me. He had wet, black hair, amber eyes and a shocked expression. Strangely, he looked oddly familiar.

“Sure.” I replied, getting my things.

He hesitated before helping me. His amber eyes turned green as he helped me. I noticed this and tilted my head in curiosity.

“Your eyes changed colors.” I commented. “That’s cool.”

“R--Really?” he asked. “The last time they did that was seven years ago… What’s your name?”

“Lilly.” I replied. “What’s yours?”

He hesitated again before changing the subject, “Uh, where’s your house? I’ll help you carry your groceries.”

“In Wood Valley. Not that far from here. I’ve been living there since seven years ago.” I replied happily.

He was silent as we walked through the rain. I found him occasionally glancing at me. I wasn’t uncomfortable with it, but I wondered why. My mind was going through the list of people I knew, wondering who he was. He was so familiar.

We got to my house and I unlocked the apartment door. We walked in and he set the things he helped me pick up on the counter. The man was staring around, like he knew this place.

I might as well be nice. “Would you like to stay for dinner? I’m making fried chicken.”

He muttered something that sounded like, “You always know what I feel like eating…”

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” he said quickly. “But, yes, that sounds nice.”

I smiled and started on the meal. I got out the frying pan and set the raw chicken in after the grease started to boil. I then started working on some fruits to have along with it.

After the chicken floated to the top, meaning it was done, I set the plates out and called the man over to the table. He took a plate and quickly sat down, eating hungrily. Although his face really didn’t show any expression, I knew he enjoyed it. I got a plate as well and sat across from him. We ate in silence. My guest had three chicken legs and three helpings of the mixed fruit.

“You eat a lot.” I said.

He grew a little red. “I, uh, enjoy the food. I would like it to stay in my mind.”

Then, he got up to put his plate down in the sink. I followed him and set my plate in the sink.

That was when he bowed his head and sighed, “Lilly. I know this doesn’t matter after seven years, but I’m sorry.”

“What for?” I asked.

He looked at me and answered, “For suppressing your memories…”

“My memories were suppressed?”

“By my own hand.” he looked at them for emphasis. “I’m really sorry.” then he hugged me.

I was shocked as I felt the tension leave me and a popping sound came front of me. Looking at the lithe black snake-like body in front of me, I nearly screamed, but something told me not be afraid.

My memory unlocked and a bunch of people started rushing in. Cindy, Allen, Carol, Hatori, Hikaru, Kurogane, William, Flame, Wendy, Caitlin, Rin, Travis, Akito, and then, Dex… I looked at him and he smiled a little.

“You know, smiling always seemed rare for you.” I smiled.

“I know.” he said, hugging me again.

“Hi, Dex.” I managed, nearly in tears.