Chapter Thirty-Three- Dex:

My mind was thinking on its own again. Why does my temper always win over my attitude?

Allen was looking at me frighteningly. I laughed and flew inside, circling around him, my snake-like body coiling around him loosely. Then I started tightening his space with my own body.

He started breathing heavily. “Dex… Dex… Snap out of it!”

That made me growl and I tightened it so much I was touching him.

“NO!” Lilly shouted from the ledge. She jumped down and landed on my tail. It sent pain up my spine and I snapped at her, but she jumped away and landed into Allen, turning him into the bird.

He flew away, but now my main prey was stuck in the middle. Perfect. I was raising a paw when I popped back to my human form.

“Gah!” Lilly screamed turning away.

I didn’t want to hurt her in my human body, so I thought quickly before putting my hand on Lilly’s head.

“Lilly!” Allen cried out. “Dex, no! Don’t do it!”

Looking up at Allen, I glared at him and broke into Lilly’s memories.

“Dex! Stop it right now!” Allen growled, diving down toward me, pecking at my wrist and hand.

I couldn’t feel his pain as I took away her memories of everyone. Allen, gone. Me, gone. Cindy’s Zodiac, gone. I didn’t erase the entire friendship of her and Cindy because they were friends before. Carol, gone. She met Akito? Oh well, gone. Hatori, Hikaru, Kurogane, William, Travis, Flame, all gone.

Before I knew it, I was crying from all the good times we each had. I felt Allen pause with his attacking and watch me as he popped back.

Finally, everyone was gone. Everyone from the Sohma family that she didn’t meet beforehand and their Zodiacs.

When I removed my hand, she slumped to the floor, limp. I looked at Allen, crying silently. He frowned and put his hand on my shoulder. “You removed us, huh? Not just the Zodiacs.”

“Yeah.” I managed out.

“I’m going to get dressed and help me figure out how to deal with Lilly before she wakes up…” Allen sighed.

“The issue is, how will the others take it?”

“Not good.” he said, beginning to get dressed. “But, we’ll figure it out…”

After Allen got dressed, we were wondering how to pick Lilly up. Finally I picked her up, popped back to my dragon form because I was already naked and my clothes were at the house. Then again, only my form out of the two of us was big enough to hold Lilly.

We left the waterfall and I hovered home quickly. Allen opened the door and my spirits dropped as I surveyed the damage I had done.

The dining table was shattered and Carol was getting up from the middle split part. She looked at me and shook her head. I’m not sure she could see Lilly on my back or not.

Hatori was groaning on the stairs as I passed and Hikaru was getting up from a shelf in the kitchen. Pans clattered on the tile floor and he looked at me sadly. He saw Lilly first and squeaked, getting up and running at me and Allen.

“L--Lilly!” he cried, dragging her off of my back. He popped into his Dog form and cried over Lilly as she lay on the ground.

Hatori got up and walked over to me. I looked at him and flew in my room, passing and ignoring him. I closed my door and looked through my closet, grabbing a black shirt and hoodie. I popped back and slipped them on before slipping the other clothing I need.

A knock on the door came and I was reluctant to answer. I opened it. It was Wendy.

“You removed her memories?” she asked.

“How’d you get here so fast?” I ignored her question.

“Answer mine first.” Wendy snapped.

Sighing, I replied, “Yes…”

“Why? She might never wake up.”

“What?”

“Mm-hmm. Because of your inability to think before you react, you deleted nearly a month or two of her memories. If she wakes, she’ll be wondering what happened in that time.” Wendy explained.

I was broken. “Is there any way to help her?”

“Return at least the memories of the people she’s met, not the Zodiacs.” Wendy answered. “Or, if you don’t want to jeopardize your honor, you can make new memories for her.”

It sounded hard. “Not until she’s gone will I do that.”

“Fine. Carol and Cindy is getting an apartment for her now.”

“Cindy, too?”

“She did tell Hatori that if she even got a paper cut to call her. She’s still a little unwell, but despise my protests, she wanted to protect her friend.” Wendy sighed.

“DEX!!!!!” Cindy yelled from downstairs, her voice cracking at the end. “Come down here! NOW!”

I looked at Wendy with a scared expression. She gestured downstairs and I reluctantly walked down, carefully. People were here. A bunch of people… Yikes…

There was Carol, Hatori, William, Caitlin, Cindy, Hikaru, Kurogane, Rin, and Allen. And all of them were glaring at me. Cindy had the worse expression yet, even when she was wearing white.

Now, I’m busted.