Chapter Seven- Lilly:

Dex went under and he hasn’t came back up yet. It was scary, not thinking about where Dex went. Allen was on the beach, tanning as if this was the last day to get the sun. Something was wrong.

Climbing up onto some nearby rocks, I tried to look for him but saw only the setting sun and ocean water. That’s when I saw the bubbles. They were in the deep and I knew it was Dex. His swimming shorts came to the surface. What the heck happened?

“Dex!” I called, useless because he was underwater. “Dex!”

More bubbles than steam. That was unusual. What was going on? I dived back into the water and swam out toward the bubbles. As soon as I got close, something bumped against my leg and my first thought was ‘Shark’. The water was oddly warm, but too warm to assume someone went to the restroom.

Water splashed everywhere, making me cover my eyes as to not get salt water in them. A growl then a snort. I felt something grab me from under my armpits and I looked up. Dex’s dragon form was picking me up and taking me out of the water.

“Wh-What’s going on?” I asked, looking down.

He levitated higher with me in his arms before answering, “Sharks. I don’t think you want to mess with them.”

“Oh.” I replied, looking at the water more closely. I saw some dim shapes, but I didn’t know they were sharks!

Dex took me ashore and he just floated in the air a few inches off the ground, let me down then crossed his arms before looking upset. Allen went over to me to wrap me up in a towel. I heard a popping sound and Dex returned to normal, grabbing another towel and wrapping it around his waist.

Allen sighed, “Come on, let’s go back to the house. Dex, get some clothes on while you’re at it.”

“I was going to.” he growled, taking the lead.

“Thought so.” Allen commented, coming up beside me.

So with the white beach towel around me, Allen beside me, and Dex hurrying ahead, we finally made it to the summer home. I knew spring break ended tomorrow, so we were going to leave tonight to make it to school tomorrow.

Allen dropped me off at my room and I quickly got dressed into my school clothes because that’s what I came here with. I didn’t bring anything on the trip so it was quite easy to gather all of my stuff.

Two different sounding knocks came from my door then some growling. Dex and Allen, I guessed. I went to open the door and it was actually Dex and Rin. They were glaring at one another, more Dex on his side. When I opened the door, Rin looked at me after a few more seconds of glaring at Dex before grabbing my arm and dragging me to the door.

Dex growled and followed unwillingly, by the looks of it, and looked like he wanted to grab my other arm. Allen was already waiting at the door for us. Rin let go and swiftly went elsewhere without a trace.

Someone put a hand on my shoulder and I noticed it was Dex. He sighed deeply and went outside, passing Allen and whispering something to him before Allen looked a little disappointed and nodded.

That’s when they both looked at me. I smiled and walked toward the car waiting outside. Dex stopped me with a hand out and looked down at the ground. “Wait.”

“What?” I asked.

He hesitated, gulping and looking into my eyes. “You’re staying with Hikaru and me at Hatori’s place for the… night.”

“Okay.” I answered. “That’s fine.”

“Good.” Dex breathed out.

Allen rolled his eyes and put Dex’s arm down before pushing my back and pushing me toward the car. “It’s fine. He won’t do anything weird as far as I know.”

Didn’t that make me feel comfortable.

We all got in the car and I was stuck in the middle again. Allen talked to me about school and the Sohma family. Dex stared out the window, thinking about whatever.

We got to town and stopped at this Hatori’s. Dex jumped out, looking around for something before going inside. Allen sighed and led me inside.

“About time you guys came home!” someone called from upstairs. I look up and this man with ginger hair was at the top of the stairs looking down at us. He had his arms crossed like Dex and leaning against a wall. Strangely, he was wearing a suit. “Is this the Lilly I was hearing about?”

“Shut up, Hatori!” Dex sounded from a room past him. “I’m trying to sleep!”

Hatori scoffed and turned his head around, “The only time you get to sleep is when you’re underground!”

Silence. Dex didn’t a comeback fo- “And with you the damn rain!”

“Hey! I hate rain!”

Allen shook his head beside me and led me upstairs and past Hatori. I wonder if he was a Zodiac member? But Allen showed me my room for the night. Pretty empty with only a single bed and dresser. A window with a brown curtain, and the walls a white.

“This is your room.” Dex said at the door, making me jump. He looked a little angry, but probably from Hatori.

“Thank you.” I said as Allen left the room.

Hatori came at the door, making Allen look at him, poking him in he chest, whispering something to him as well. What was I missing? Hatori nodded, looking at Allen then at me then back at Allen. Allen left after that, Dex entered the room, growling at Hatori, and Hatori backing away silently.

Of course, afterward Dex began to leave. “Hikaru won’t be here till tomorrow.”

“Why do I need to know that? School’s tomorrow.” I wondered aloud.

Dex hesitated, looking at the ceiling before answering. “You’re living here from now on till you’re out of high school.”