| fourteen

Xiomara;

I slip the key in through the door and head inside, kicking off my heels before strolling into the kitchen.

I find a sticky note on the fridge so I peel it off, reading Alonzo's handwriting which lets me know that he's at the court a couple blocks away with Dave. "Aww," I coo, scrunching up the piece of paper before throwing it in the trash.

I look through the fridge for something to eat when I hear somebody banging on the door all of a sudden. "Zo! Open the fuck up, Zo!" I hear Latrelle yelling. 

I furrow my eyebrows as I walk down the hallway, swinging open the door. "Are you fucking cra—" I try to say since miss Brenda lives right next door and Juan lives just across the street and I don't want none of them thinking nothing of the company I keep, not that you don't hear enough domestic violence in the street anyway. But I get cut off as Latrelle snatches me up by my throat.

"You fucking other niggas now?" He says, getting in my face. Latrelle slams me into the wall, making me wince in pain as my head smacks against the concrete.

"The fuck!" I yell, pushing him off of me. "Okay cuz' you got me fucked up if you think you 'bouta walk into my fucking crib like you paying fucking bills in this bitch! Then you slamming me into walls? Fuck is wrong with you?!"

He shakes his head, looking like he couldn't give a shit about what I just said. I bet every word just then went in through one ear and right out the other. "Why I got people telling me you was all over another nigga at the races huh?" He spits out getting straight to the point.

"Man, you tripping." I mumble, walking away so I can lead him out.

"You giving my fucking pussy out, Zo?"

"Who's pussy bitch?" I yell in disbelief, standing by the door so I can run if I have to since this bitch really found himself putting his hands on me. I wasn't about to get beat by a vato who isn't even mine. "Who's pussy, Latrelle?"

"You know damn well you ain't got no right giving out my shit!"

"The fuck? Is it crack? Nigga you ain't never even been inside this pussy! Don't shit belong to you! Get the fuck out!"

"Keep playing with me, Zo. Lemme find out you still fucking with this nigga. On god I'ma shoot him." He says pushing past me as he heads out through the door.

"I'ma fuck with whoever the fuck I want." I say to myself, slamming the door shut. I walk back into the kitchen and rub my neck uncomfortably. Latrelle really got me fucked up. I'm not even gonna lie and say I don't feel a little threatened since he seems bent on believing I really belong to him. I don't even know where he got all that from considering our last encounter.

I was finishing up cooking in the kitchen when Dave walks in with Alonzo. He's been around a lot more this past week ever since we fucked but I don't mind having him here one bit since he fits right in.

"When you get back from work, ma?" He asks me, putting his hand on my stomach as he kisses my forehead. It makes me smile when he does that but I also believe he be thinking about tryna put his seed in me so we're gonna have to get used to condoms just in case he try trapping me or whatever.

"Not long ago." I shrug, turning off the stove.

"I woulda' picked you up, you shoulda' called me."