| thirteen

Xiomara;

"I should sit right here?" I ask Dave, jumping up to sit on the sink counter in the bathroom.

"Right there ma." He says and starts taking my pictures.

I adjust his hat which I'm wearing before running my fingers through my hair as I pose for the picture. I don't know why since I have nowhere to post them, he just wanted pictures of me in his phone.

 I don't know why since I have nowhere to post them, he just wanted pictures of me in his phone

We get done and walk outside to his car, ready to head over to San Pedro St. to watch the street races that take place every Friday night.

It's been just over a month since Dave came around and I feel like everything is about to get so much more adventurous for me. I finally feel young like I'm supposed to, not a 20-year-old mother figure to a 13-year-old kid. Recently, everyday has started to feel lighter and clearer.

Dave is somebody to look forward to every day after work, plus he's also another reason as to why I enjoy the weekends. I enjoy everything about us and it didn't take sex to make that happen. Our little bond is so much more beyond that.

"I'm glad I met you." I say lowly to myself, low enough so that he doesn't hear me over the music playing in his car as we pull off from my crib.

I go in my purse and pull out a miniature bottle of alcohol, untwisting the cap. My purse is full of them since it was Latoya's request, who Dave and I are about to meet as well as the whole gang.

I throw back the bottle, pouring the whole thing into my mouth and grimace as the bittersweet taste travels down my throat. It was strong as shit. "Woo!" I exclaim, shaking my head from the impact of the alcohol. Your girl is an undeniable lightweight.

"You 'bouta get wild tonight, huh?" Dave chuckles, putting his hand on my thigh.

"Fa'sho. You got the weed, right?"

Dave diverts his gaze from the road to glance at me after breaking out into a smirk. I know it's because I started speaking like him and he's noticed it. "Yeah I got it shorty."

"Good." I smile.

We pull up at San Pedro St. shortly. I can already hear loud engines revving from modified sports cars while the music playing can probably be heard from a couple blocks away. The place is packed with people standing along the street but we manage to find a parking spot on the curb.

"You wasn't kidding 'bout this being some real fast and furious type shit." Dave says, already lighting a pre rolled blunt.

I laugh and dig in my purse, retrieving another mini bottle before handing it over. "Here. Tastes just like juice." I smirk, knowing it's about to hit him like a ton of bricks despite the somewhat sweet taste.