Chapter 25

We arrived home about an hour later. After dodging cops and landing in a nearby park area where we casted away the parachutes and found the car to drive home.

Sort of success cause we stopped them and helped out the police and found out a new connection to help stop the boss's killer. Duncan Clean. another Rich guy to restock on money.

As we got through the door, all of us we're pretty tired so I decided to just relax and grab a root beer to sit on the balcony. Verde saw me as she was about to jump into bed.

"Hey I was planning to ask you a few things in the morning but since we're here now..."

"Yeah sure."

"First of all I'm scared of heights."
I cut her off with my laughter and I said
"Me too."

That caught her with surprise. "What?"

I repeated, "I'm scared of heights too. I think it's called Vertigo."

"Then why?"

"Why what?"

"Why was it so easy for you to jump so easily off of a tall ass building?"

"I'm scared of the edge not going over it." she lost all words for a few minutes and I kissed her forehead.

"What else did you have to tell me?"

"How long do we have to do this? I want to have a better safer life than going on missions and coming to home base worried on what's on the other side of the door. I'm not saying it isn't sometimes fun and everything but when can we finally take on the psycho who murdered the boss."

"A few more months and his life will be crippled. when that happens and he realizes who we are, he'll try to stop us. We'll take him down and make sure he never sees hope from the bottom of a jail cell. That's the goal. I want his world to crumble for the pain and suffering and corruption he's lead. The Boss was one of the greatest men I've ever met and the fact that even he couldn't beat this killer, we'll it's like the edge. I have to walk all around the edge before I make up my mind to just jump and attack."

"I just need a little more explanation."

"This guy has a whole army and some people that are strong enough to beat one of us single handily. If we deplete that power that he posses and also help the community, then I say we made the world even brighter than before."

"I like that idea. I also like man who made it."

Justin came from behind me and interlocked his fingers through mine and said "I like the man who thought it too" and I pushed him a little while smiling as the rest came in and laughed with the rest.

New Fall. The police sure do know how to call it.