"Huh?" Lily said, confused, snapping back into reality. 

"Are you okay? You seem to be a little off right now," 

"I'm alright...What about you? Are you okay after what Petunia said?"

"I'm fine now. I guess she was just mad that we didn't obey her when she told us not to hang out with Severus."

"We should head downstairs now. Mum and Dad might wonder what we are up to."

I nodded, following her downstairs to the kitchen.

A/N: This is what the kitchen looks like. Ignore the modern technology. 

"Mum. Dad. What did you want to talk to us about?" Lily asked quietly. Mum and Dad were sitting near the counter with another woman wearing an emerald robe and black pointed hat. 

The woman spoke up, "I'm Minerva McGonagall. I will be your transfiguration professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am here to inform you two are witches and will be attending Hogwarts." She handed me and Lily an envelope. 

I opened the envelope and took out the paper inside. The paper said:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Y/N Evans,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. The term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall 

Deputy Headmistress

UNIFORM First-year students will require: 1.Three sets of plain work (black) 2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear 3. One pair of protective gloves (hide or similar) 4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimbly

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron  (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

"Thank you, Professor McGonagall!" we thanked.

"You would need to go to Diagon Alley to get your school supplies. I have to go now. See you at Hogwarts!" Professor McGonagall said.

We all said goodbye to Professor McGonagall.

"I can't believe we got accepted to Hogwarts!" I exclaimed.

"Me too!" Lily agreed.

"Tomorrow we would be going to Diagon Alley to get your school supplies!" Mum said.

"I can't wait to go to Diagon Alley!" Lily exclaimed.

I nodded in agreement. 

"Dad. Mum. Could we ask our friend to come with us to Diagon Alley?" I asked eagerly. I wanted to be at Diagon Alley with my two best friends. 

"Of course, honey!" Dad said.

Lily and I went up to our room to put our Hogwarts letter away.

"If we want Severus to come with us, we need to wake up early and meet up with him at the park to tell him the news," Lily suggested. 

"We can ask him to come with us to Diagon Alley!"

I can't wait to go to Diagon Alley tomorrow with Lily and Severus. I wonder what stores at Diagon Alley. I can't wait for me to get my wand and school supplies. 

A/N: I am sorry I updated late. I needed to put more details into this chapter as well as research for the story. In the future, it will take me 2-4 days to finish one chapter. I hope you don't mind. If you have any suggestions, please comment them down below. Comments are greatly appreciated. Bye! xxxxxDenise