Twenty-four

Ahsha

(Ahsha's outfit)

(Ahsha's outfit)

Two years. I had been mated to Malik for two years and it started off amazing but as time progressed things changed and it was all due to Ares. I stared out the window at the passing buildings as we sped down the road. "You look beautiful, kitten." He said as he gripped my exposed thigh. When I didn't acknowledge his compliment, he dug his nail in my skin. I hissed grabbing his wrist looking at him. "Thank you." I struggled to get out as he stared me down. A smile washed across his annoyingly smug face as he went back to caressing my thigh. 'I'm sorry.' Malik spoke. "Your other mate will be here tonight." Ares spat a look of distaste graced his face. I felt my chest tighten at the mention of Pablo.

"I expect you to keep your distance." He said. "I'm not a child Ares. I know the rules." I snapped. I had to remind myself that staying away from Pablo was the only way to keep him safe from Ares. "Good, kitten. You've been so good for me lately I'd hate to have to get upset." Ares taunted kissing my cheek. "I want to speak with Malik," I said. "Go ahead," Ares said. "I want him to come forward." I requested. "Why? Not enjoying my company?" He questioned with a deep-seated frown on his face. I looked away from him.

"Habitata?" I heard Malik's soft voice speak. I turned to see his beautiful green eyes. "I can't do it anymore," I said looking down. "He means well—" He paused. "Ares and Dominic never truly got along and now that he's back it's bringing out the worse in him," Malik said repeating the same story about Pablo and Ares's sibling-like rivalry. He always said that Ares and Pablo hated each other but he never explained why. He just said it had to deal with something that happened in their past when they indulged in their dark desires.

It was obvious there was tension from the moment Malik and Ares found out he was back; I witnessed the true darkness that simmered just under the surface.

--

Malik had taken note of how much more into her phone Ahsha had gotten over the passing months. He also noticed how when he was away, he was hearing less and less from her. Because of this Malik had two of his men follow his mate and report back what they found. When he received the picture and videos of his mate holding another man's hand, hugging him, and kissing him. Rage. He was consumed with an overwhelming amount of rage. For the duration of his time away he had his men continue to follow his mate and send him what they collected. Two weeks he was away from his anger raging and simmering just under the surface. Yes, Malik was angry, but Ares was beyond livid. Ares wanted nothing more than to go to his mate and punish her.

Two days before Malik was to return home, he finished up his work early and went home early.

Ahsha walked into her and Malik's shared apartment after having spent the day with her sister and little brother, Micah. She loved both her mates dearly but the strain of hiding things from Malik was getting to her. She had two days before Malik came back and she just wanted to hang alone until then. She walked through the living room going to check on her dogs before she headed upstairs. Ahsha walked into her and Malik's shared bedroom cutting the lights only to see Malik sitting at the end of the bed. "Jesus!" Ahsha yelled clutching her chest looking at him. "Your home." She said smiling as he stood walking towards her. He pulled her into a tight hug before kissing her cheek.